Frequent Contributor

Ok, I'm going to say it...Please QVC...

Do away with the customer live testimonials...seriously, they are cringe-worthy. Every time I hear a caller call in, I immediately mute the conversation. They are so not necessary. I have not once been tempted by a caller's testimonial. I've been a shopper with QVC for 20+ years. It seems like more and more callers are stumbling over their words, there is dead air, or they simply make the host seem quite uncomfortable.

It is so awkward at times to listen to these callers. Just my opinion of course. But had to say something.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ok, I'm going to say it...Please QVC...

ITA! I would rather hear what a few have written in their reviews; the phone call-ins are always awkward.

Frequent Contributor

On 11/22/2014 lovesrecess said:

ITA! I would rather hear what a few have written in their reviews; the phone call-ins are always awkward.

Me too! I always look at the online reviews. I just feel like the callers are so awkward and forced...

Frequent Contributor

I too find callers to be awkward and annoying as well. I wish QVC would just stop doing it. Never find the calls persuasive at all as far as the product being shown is concerned. I would never use that as a tipping point to buy something.
Honored Contributor

I mute it the vast majority of the time.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I always turn the channel,can't stand it and I cringe when the people tell the hosts they love them.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

lol, yes, they are often cringe worthy and/or awkward. They truly serve no purpose.

Honored Contributor

Yeah........one caller said her 80 year old grandmother looked like she was 30. (I assume the grandma was listening in......)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor

I agree, just the other night during a purse show, with Gabrielle I believe, someone called in and raved about the purses and bought one and then asked what to do about two over $100 charges on their Visa/Mastercard charge card, had spoke to customer service, and their credit card company, but could the host help? Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

The call in testimonials are a hold-over from the pre-internet days when QVC was just a TV station. With reviews on the website I agree the live calls are not needed and take away from time the host could be describing the product.