Contributor

Whipped Argan Oil?? Total lie about ingredients.

How do they get away with saying this product is the exact same as the pure Argan oil only whipped. They actually say that is all it contains. Here are the ingredients in the whipped body butter. I am not saying any of the ingredients are bad but it is definitely not "just pure argan oil".... Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Unscented INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water) (and) Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate-60, Ethylhexylglycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Squalane, Sclerotium Gum, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Beta Carotene, Helianthus Annuus (Hybrid Sunflower) Oil, Tocopherol, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Matcha Tea Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Panthenol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract.
Super Contributor

Re: Whipped Argan Oil?? Total lie about ingredients.

That is a long list. Did I miss argon oil as an ingredient?
Super Contributor

On 11/22/2014 Yumagirl said: That is a long list. Did I miss argon oil as an ingredient?

Third ingredient

Super Contributor

Any new information on the comfrey extract. Previous posts stated concerns over toxicity. Just wondering.
Contributor

There's a old saying, when the first ingredient is water- thats exactly what your getting. There probably isn't enough real argon oil in its to drown an ant. If you want something really good go with the old fashion Jergens ultra healing- been around for ages & super size bottle is only $6.00 at Walmart- keeps your skin hydrated all day into the next.

Super Contributor

Please google the comfrey.

Per WebMD ... Comfrey seems to be safe for most people when applied to unbroken skin in small amounts for less than 10 days. It’s important to remember that the poisonous chemicals in comfrey can pass through the skin. Absorption of the chemicals increases if the skin is broken or if large amounts are applied. Broken or damaged skin: Don’t apply comfrey to broken or damaged skin. Doing so might exposure you to large amounts of the chemicals in comfrey that can cause liver damage and other serious health effects.

It can be toxic ... especially to the liver.

It is banned in some countries.

I raise the issue because my derm said it was Ok to use on occasion.

I love Josie Maran products and buy all her kits but use the body butter sparingly.

Super Contributor

Girls--I was in TJMax (or was it Marshalls!)--anyway I bought--100% pure cold pressed organic argan oil--$14.99--I have Josie Marans that was probably 2x the $$..

Contributor

I totally agree that the sales pitch is deceiving, but unfortunately I love the stuff. I really didn't want to because of the deceiving pitch and the price...but I still buy it.
Frequent Contributor

Wish they would show the labels on tv. Last night they showed a heater and did not even show you how to turn it on. They go overboard in some areas and not enough in others.

Respected Contributor

I never interpreted the sales pitch for whipped body butter as saying it was pure argan oil. I remember Josie saying something like: 'I went to the lab to figure out how I could bath in a tub of argan oil.' I took that to mean, how could she create a treatment that allowed the all over use of argan at an affordable price. I assumed that meant adding other ingredients.

I am a big fan of the whipped body butters. The moisture is perfect for my winter dry skin.