Honored Contributor

Any reviews from anyone who owns any of the calista hot rollers. Especially those with fine straight hair ???

Respected Contributor

I have super fine, super thick, super straight hair that is curl resistant. I love the rollers. They continue to heat after your put them in. I need to leave mine in until they are fully cooled. I have above shoulder length hair and use the long ones. I'm going to order a few more sets from Amazon since they are around $25 there, though they aren't the updated ones. I love them. They do get hot, but I cook a lot and have taught my hands to handle hot things, as most cooks can. Some find them too hot, but I don't. I bought some Con-air jumbo rollers and they do not work in my hair since they cool so quickly. I put mine in, do my make up, pick out my clothes, fix breakfast, and then do my hair.

Super Contributor

I have the original set bought a couple years ago. It does not have the high and low heat feature like this set.... and they get hot and burn my scalp. So basically they were a waste of money for me as I can not use them now...perhaps the TS with the heat feature and the on and off feature will be better....

Super Contributor

I have the older set with the large rollers, but my base only holds 6 curlers at a time. That is a big pain to deal with. They get very hot, but I love that. That is why the curl is so good and long lasting. I can handle hot for beauty!!!!! I just wish she would make a roller with a 1 1/2 inch diameter, or even a 1 3/4 inch. The 2 inch just seems to big. The 1 1nd 1 1/4 is too small for shoulder length hair if loose curls is desired.

I have a set of Conair rollers with a mixture of 1 1/2 and 1 3/4, and it is absolutely perfect. If this set were duplicated in the Calista, I would be all in. I love the staying power of the Calista. I just don't like the diameter size choices.

Super Contributor

Nothing beats my rollers from Sally's...

Trusted Contributor

I have fine, curly hair. I thought I'd found my holy grail with Calista rollers. I was using them daily, just on the crown of my head where the curls were most unruly, using to straighten them out and add smooth body.

After a few months, the style was no longer holding throughout the day, so I quit using them. Last month, I suddenly noticed that I had many tufts of hair approximately 2 inches long, apparently new growth, all over the crown of my head.

My hair didn't break off all at once and wasn't noticeable until I saw the new growth. It will take atleast a year to grow these pieces out.

So do be careful with fine hair. I possibly could have got by with just occasional use or using tissue end papers. I don't know. I bought them on the sales line that these rollers were "good" for your hair.

Valued Contributor
Thank you for the tips! I'll definitely only use low. Mine is out for delivery today. =)