Esteemed Contributor

What's the difference between the TSV and the much less expensive sets on Amazon? Amazon has Calista sets (long and short) in the $30 range. They look the same to me except the color. Just wondering if the TSV has newer features than the Amazon models.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV vs other Calista sets?

I have this set in my shopping cart for $23.36:

http://www.amazon.com/Calista-Tools-Rollers-Long-Style/dp/B008ORUKR4/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid...

Not much there in item description, so I hoped someone here might be familiar with the sets. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I'm letting my very short hair grow out somewhat. It's still short but long enough for me to use the 'short' set here. My question is why these are so expensive, $99 - really???

Too bad I got rid of my electric roller set from YEARS gone by!!! Thought I'd never want to be using them again but maybe I should have kept them.

I would love to have some sort of hair curling instrument or rollers to be able to fool around with my hair now just for fun but I'm not sure at all what that might be or from where to purchase. Amazon sounds like a winner to check out.

Contributor

I am not crazy about Calista products. Hated the rond heated brush, sent it back. I dont think her rollers would do in my hair and yes, I love AMAZON, shop there all the time, great prices. Lost of skin care sold on QVC as well as BE!!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, I was wanting extra rollers so this is where I'll get them.

Honored Contributor

As far as I can tell, the new version has a choice of heat, high or low, and the base can hold 12 rollers at a time rather than 6. It offers the jumbo rollers too, for more of a bodywave. I have the old versions, both in medium and long. There isn't enough difference in the new one to make me want to upgrade. Sure wish I new about the Amazon listings before I bought mine!

Respected Contributor

I think the high cost is because it is from a salon owner. An inexpensive set of hot rollers will work fine. Brands such as Frederic Fekkai are so expensive because of the celebrity he brings to the name.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, guys for the tip - I ordered from Amazon for the cost of one easy pay from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I also ordered on AMAZON. Free 2 day shipping ! I purchased the short size, 12 rollers with heating element for 24.97!!!!!!!

Only difference is the heat control. I will pass for $99.00 !!!!!!

By the way, I love Amazon. They have great return policy and free shipping on many items. I always check with them to compare prices before purchases; has saved me money many times such as this item.

Super Contributor

I would not care about the heat control. Yes, the older ones do get hot, but that is what makes the great curl. I would never use the lower setting anyway. Boy, the price on amazon is good. The clips for the longer ones are not the big clips, however. I have the long ones, but my base only holds 6 at a time. That is such a pain. I can't believe that the amazon ones offer the 12 curler base for that price. Just wish the clips were larger.