Super Contributor

Short curly hairdos that look like ....

an old lady hairdo on a younger woman. I keep seeing this on QVC. You show a before of a model with a cute short hairdo that is pretty much sleek and straight, then the after is this extrordinary curly awful look that I never see on anybody except, the one place I see it , is the Paula Young catalog which features a ton of old lady short wigs.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Short curly hairdos that look like ....

All of us older ladies with short hairdos thank you for your comments

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

wow

Super Contributor

nice..

Trusted Contributor

I think I get what you mean. Some of the ""after"" styles look dated to me. JMHO. I am an ""old lady"" (54) with short hair.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone else but me think this is because they are trying to sell hair curlers - what benefit would there be in showing straight hair when your selling curlers?

Trusted Contributor

Nice....um, NOT. In fact, quite offensive.

If you are female, then you, too, will one day be an 'old lady'. You can keep your 'old lady' comments to yourself, thank you very much!

Esteemed Contributor

how insulting....any other things you would like to say to us ""old"" ladies....

Frequent Contributor

OP I understand what you mean. There is a way to do curly hair that looks good. What they show in the before and after is not one of them in my opinion. I say this because I have short hair for most of my life and the person who does my hair (and has done it for years) used to style my hair after a cut and to me it always looked like an ""old lady"" style (I was young then). I would mash it down when I got in my car. I am now much older (probably considered an old lady) and I still feel the same way - there is a way to do curly hair without making someone look dated. I didn't take your post as a slam against older women.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/22/2014 happy housewife said:

Does anyone else but me think this is because they are trying to sell hair curlers - what benefit would there be in showing straight hair when your selling curlers?

Of course. I don't think anyone would disagree with you.

My point, and perhaps that of the OP, is I don't care for the styles I have seen in the short hair "after" pictures..

I think the long hair "after" shots are beautiful. I think short, curly hair can be beautiful. I just think the styles they showed (at least the ones that I saw) while promoting the TSV looked dated. If anyone is offended by that, my apologies. Obviously that comment is not directed at anyone personally on the forums since I don't know what any of you look like. Like I said, I am an older woman with short hair, and I certainly didn't take any offense to the OP's comment. Why would I? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}