Occasional Contributor

LADIES!!! Please Help! PTR FirmX Eye

Hi Ladies, I need help. I absolutely love the instant result from Peter Thomas Roth's Firmx Eye...However, after it dries and sets it takes care of ridding my undereye baggage however I still need concealer over the redness. I have tried applying a light layer of It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation and it does not cover and a heavy application accentuates my discoloration. I then tried an inexpensive liquid concealer which was drying under the eyes and made the Firmx visible. Even with the thin layer of Firmx applied as instructed. I'm at a loss. Out of all the available concealers out there I have to believe there is one that you ladies have had a great experience with. Please share as I don't want to give up on this product. Much thanks!
Super Contributor

Re: LADIES!!! Please Help! PTR FirmX Eye

Have you tried mixing the concealer and the firm x together and then putting it on? I could not make that product work for me. Hope you have better luck.
Super Contributor

ask PTR to make it tinted.

Occasional Contributor

Hi, and thanks for your feedback. You read my mind regarding PTR making the Firmx tinted. That would be perfect. I'm going to try mixing the concealer with the serum this morning and see how that works. Can't hurt at this point to try something different. Sincere thanks.
Occasional Contributor

Success! Even mix of liquid concealer with the Firmx eye then smooth, thin application. At last.
Super Contributor

I so love PTR FirmX under my eyes. It makes all the difference for me - but the learning curve has been substantial. What works for me is a tiny bit of aloe gel primer, blotted before applying the FirmX. Then I switched to Amazonian clay powder foundation, which works like a charm. Good Luck!

Occasional Contributor

Hi Schippyluv, Where do you usually pick up the aloe gel primer? Never heard about it. Love the Tarte product but I've never tried the pressed powder-thanks for suggesting. My undereyes do not want to be without FirmX.
Honored Contributor

Check out Laura Mercier's concealers. She offers quite a few. I use the Secret concealer but there are others that are more heavy. She is offering many of products for free shipping. Check out her website. She also sells her products at Nordstrom. LM gives 2 deluxe samples with your purchase that are very nice. I like quite a few of her products. Invisible powder, tinted moisturizer, foundation, lipsticks, eye shadows.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Hi Luvkathleen,

I use AYR Saline Nasel Gel because it keeps my nose hydrated. I'm prone to awful nosebleeds. I discovered by accident that it also makes a wonderful facial primer. I use it lightly and then I blot it. I've used it for several years. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it's wonderful for me.

But I also want to try your new technique, mixing FirmX with my favorite Tarte cream foundation.

Thanks for the tip! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I had to send that back...did not like the look it gave me...