Contributor

Hi ladies: This may seem like a strange predicament, however, I am 60 years old and for about the last few months I cannot get my eyelashes to go straight. They actually crisscross each other!! Really nice right? Would anyone have an idea about what to do? When I put on my mascara, they go this way and that. I curl them with an eyelash curler and try to straighten them out with an eyelash comb but they really have a mind of their own! Yikes. Anyone have this problem and, hopefully, a solution?

I'll try almost anything!

Another question. I've read that Castor Oil is a good oil for lashes, however, how do you get it on your lashes without it seeping into the eyes? I don't need an infection on top of wayward lashes.....Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

After I cleanse my face in the evening and apply my moisturizer I gently (very gently) apply argan oil to my lashes. I feel as though it has helped them look longer and fuller but I can't swear to it. I have never tried castor oil. The argan does not irritate my eyes at all and soothes my entire eye area.

Perhaps applying an oil of some sort could help to manage your lashes?

Contributor

islandgrrl: Thanks - I'll try that. I used to use my Kiehls Avacado eye creme on my lashes but that was awhile back. I'll try the Argon and see if that helps. Crazy what we do right? Have a great holiday!

Super Contributor

might still have some mascara on your lashes. I have been having the same issue and have been putting some argon oil on them and seems to really help.

Respected Contributor
Be careful how you sleep on your pillow. Sometimes my eyelashes get "" redirected "" if I sleep on my arm under my face---creased in effect. HTH
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Hope you find something that helps.

Someone here (I wish I could remember who) suggested rose-hip oil. I have been using that for @ a week, not long enough to perceive any benefits. But, I can say it does not bother my HYPER sensitive eyes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

I know this sounds bizarre but you may have metals in your system, this cause magnetic problems, which can cause hair to do some really odd stuff.

Honored Contributor

Apply castor oil to your eyelashes with disposable mascara wands, like the ones below.

I get mine at Amazon, Ebay, or Sally Beauty, depending on who has the most for the best price at the time.

Product Details