Super Contributor

Looking for a nude lipstick color

In a drugstore brand that isn't really all that "nude". it seems lately that either the lipsticks I try all all too bright and garish - or they are so close to my skin color they barely show at all. I am an Italian with very fair skin, yet dark eyes and hair.

Has anyone tried the new Loreal Nudes?

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a nude lipstick color

I settled on the Eva after standing in the store for 20 minutes contemplating. I think its actually one of the darker nudes. I am highlighted blonde with fair but not pale skin. Not surprisingly it is the closest to my all time favorite nude, Bobbi Brown's beige. I think nudes are absolutely the hardest category to get "right." So much depends on whether you are warm or cool.

Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 depglass said:

I settled on the Eva after standing in the store for 20 minutes contemplating. I think its actually one of the darker nudes. I am highlighted blonde with fair but not pale skin. Not surprisingly it is the closest to my all time favorite nude, Bobbi Brown's beige. I think nudes are absolutely the hardest category to get "right." So much depends on whether you are warm or cool.

Amen to this!

I was lucky, because I have similar coloring to Julianne Moore, so I grabbed that one. That's my trick - find someone with similar coloring and find out what's good on them. I follow a LOT of beauty bloggers and make note of which ones wear foundations shades I also wear for foundation ideas, coloring and lip pigmentation for lipsticks, etc. I even follow bloggers from my state, because if a blogger says she's found something that lasts in the Houston heat and humidity, I know it will work in Austin. That's been a huge help in finding colors and products that work for me.

Honored Contributor

I love *Honey Glow* by Suzanne Organics. The name is misleading, no brown to it at all. Pinkish, but blends in nicely with your lip color.

Bonus: Contains no lead!

Trusted Contributor

NYX Thalia for me. It's a little bit pink and enhances my natural lip color perfectly. However, there is "no one size fits all" with lipsticks. Everyone's tone is different.

Last set of swatches for tonight. Sort of a NYX Cosmetics theme going on... ..? ALL OF THESE LIPSTICKS ARE THE ROUND CASE LIPSTICKS

Valued Contributor

NYX Matte in Butter.
Super Contributor

Thanks, Ladies. I will have to check out the NYX at Target!

Trusted Contributor

I really like the pic of the NYX B52! Thanks for all of the NYX pics! I have the exactproblem you do when looking for a nude lipstick. They either look dark and muddy or make my lips disappear. I always forget about NYX products, the ones I've had. I've always liked, but I've had to order them. I wasn't aware that Target carried them. Thanks!

Contributor

I have dark eyes and hair, and a complexion that generally falls in between light and medium. I use L'Oreal Nourishing Nude as my everyday, no-color color. it is so close to my natural lips, keeps them moisturized and just enough color and shine to look great.

Respected Contributor

I use Thalia as well!