Contributor

Breakouts caused from vitamin C serum

I had been using Paula's Choice Booster C with great results . I began searching for a cheaper alternative and my face broke out terribly, and that is the only thing I had changed. Anyone experience breakouts and black heads from some vitamin C serum? Needless to say, my Paula's Choice Booster C is on its way!
Super Contributor

Re: Breakouts caused from vitamin C serum

Which serum was it that broke you out?

Super Contributor

Several forum beauties and I use (and will reorder) JJ Labs Vitamin C Serum 20% (L-Ascorbic Acid) with Hyaluronic Acid. They make serum to order so no shelf life. Minimum ingredients. Only $16 on Amazon. Also on Etsy. I sound like I sell the stuff, but I honestly just like it.

Ingredients
Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid), Hyaluronic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Distilled Water

Super Contributor

I need to start using a Vitamin C serum, but I am so confused! Don't want to aggravate my skin, don't know which products are compatible with it...sigh.

Honored Contributor

yes, I've tried some that have irritated my skin or made me breakout. I don't understand why some made me break out either since they had the same ingredients as others I've tried that didn't make me break out. So odd!

Super Contributor

I am in the same boat right now. I use ASDM Vit C with no problem and SSC Vit C serum, no problem. I added a SSC Daytime Vit C in the last few days. I had a breakout on my upper lip, that calmed down, next my chin and neck, now both side of my lower lip. Plus my chin feels dry and raw. I guess that product is being returned.

Trusted Contributor

I don't get blackheads, but ANY brand of Vitamin C products cause my face to break out badly. What is so unusual about that is the fact that all of my life, including my teen years, I have had perfectly flawless skin !

When I tried the Vitamin C products, at first I didn't associate them as being the cause. I didn't know what was happening to my face. It was a mess and I was horrified !Had to see a dermatologist about it. We finally figured out what it was. Later when I cleared up completely, I tried another type of product, and it did it again ! Now I know, and have to read labels. No Vitamin C contents for me ! {#emotions_dlg.crying}