Super Contributor

IT CC Cream - question about sun protection

I've been on the fence about purchasing this because I'm wary about how much sun protection you are realistically getting. One of the major selling features (for me, at least) of the CC cream is the inclusion of a physical SPF 50.

The reason I ask this is because I read review after review stating that you only use a very small amount due to the full coverage of this product. Many reviews specify that it performs best when applied sparingly.

If this is true, then how well are you truly protecting your skin? Do you ladies who currently use the CC Cream apply additional SPF under it? Isn't that defeating it's purpose? I would appreciate any and all feedback. TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: IT CC Cream - question about sun protection

I use the IT CC+ Cream and am confident in the protection it provides. I use a full pump or just shy of a full pump and it covers my face completely. I think the term ""a very small amount"" is subjective. A single pump of the CC could be far less than a person had to use with another product or another form or foundation.

Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I use the IT CC+ Cream and am confident in the protection it provides. I use a full pump or just shy of a full pump and it covers my face completely. I think the term "a very small amount" is subjective. A single pump of the CC could be far less than a person had to use with another product or another form or foundation.

You make a good point. May I ask if you use a single pump from the regular tube, or the super-sized tube? (I'm sure this makes a difference, as the bigger tube looks ginormous!)

Super Contributor

For me (a Melanoma Survivor x2), it doesn't offer a significant amount of sunscreen. I go by the % of sunscreen, not the SPF number. Only 6% zinc oxide, 9% titanium dioxide, which would be fine for some, but not enough for me. Sunscreen always goes on top for me.

I guess it depends on why you're wanting it. As it's a CC cream it's meant for color correction. I hear it's very good, but I'd need something sunscreeny over it, like a physical mineral product like Colorscience or Borba who have high zinc oxide %s.

Respected Contributor

I usually use a moisturizer with sunscreen first, but this works really well without one too. I would say apply it a little heavier than a light application, and it does indeed work great to prevent burning. I apply it the same as I would sunscreen on the face. In either case, if you sweat profusely, then you'd need to reapply.

Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 F1wild said:

For me (a Melanoma Survivor x2), it doesn't offer a significant amount of sunscreen. I go by the % of sunscreen, not the SPF number. Only 6% zinc oxide, 9% titanium dioxide, which would be fine for some, but not enough for me. Sunscreen always goes on top for me.

I guess it depends on why you're wanting it. As it's a CC cream it's meant for color correction. I hear it's very good, but I'd need something sunscreeny over it, like a physical mineral product like Colorscience or Borba who have high zinc oxide %s.

Mostly, I'm looking to minimize the amount of steps in my morning routine. I currently use Elta MD SPF 41 under my makeup, and think it's a superior product. It would just be nice to simplify my steps, is all - and I was hoping that the CC Cream might be the answer.

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I use the IT CC+ Cream and am confident in the protection it provides. I use a full pump or just shy of a full pump and it covers my face completely. I think the term "a very small amount" is subjective. A single pump of the CC could be far less than a person had to use with another product or another form or foundation.

You make a good point. May I ask if you use a single pump from the regular tube, or the super-sized tube? (I'm sure this makes a difference, as the bigger tube looks ginormous!)

I'm using the supersized tube right now, but the pump on each of them looks the same so I'm thinking they dispense the same amount.

Super Contributor

I'm using the supersized tube right now, but the pump on each of them looks the same so I'm thinking they dispense the same amount.

Thanks for your responses, JLF! Your opinion is always valued by me.

Valued Contributor

I would not rely on this CC cream to provide all the SPF I need. I use Paula's Choice Daily Wrinkle Defense Light with SPF 30 first. Let dry. Then I use this CC cream. I am a new convert. I tried it before and didn't like it. Now I am using it gain and love it. I use. Brush to buff it in...just one pump...and it is beautiful. I can't believe how well it lasts all day. It is a physical sunscreen which is all I use.
Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 F1wild said:

Mostly, I'm looking to minimize the amount of steps in my morning routine. I currently use Elta MD SPF 41 under my makeup, and think it's a superior product. It would just be nice to simplify my steps, is all - and I was hoping that the CC Cream might be the answer.

Ah, yes I've done the same - looking for a moisturizer with enough physical sunscreen that doesn't dry out my face. I don't use a foundation, though.