Super Contributor

Lancome Genifique skin care line - thoughts?

Has anyone tried Lancome's Genifique Night Cream, Eye Cream, and Concentrate? Did you find that they delivered terrific results?

Valued Contributor

Re: Lancome Genifique skin care line - thoughts?

I am a Lancôme fan of many years. My very favorite is their Absolue products: the foundation, the creams....love it all. I have extremely dry skin and this works beautifully.

I have used the Genifique and like it also. I tend to mix and match all my Lancôme from night to night. I think Lancôme makes excellent products...I am 65 and have no wrinkles. People always compliment my skin. I really do try to take care of it! it's the only face I have!

Respected Contributor

My DD works for a derm and their aesthetician claims their skincare is not worth the price. However, I know women who have raved about Genifique.

Super Contributor

I had a makeover done by them and ended up buying the whole kit and kaboodle, $641 worth! skin line and make up as well. I do have to say in just the very short time I used the products I noticed a remarkable difference in my skin! After several days the products literally burnt my face, I had to go on prednisone for the inflammation. Thankfully, Macy's took everything back. So, if you have sensitive skin, this line won't be for you.

I think it is Estee Lauder (???) that is the same line, just a cheaper price point.

Respected Contributor

I have used the Genefique serum since it came out.

It is one product I keep buying and using.

Took 6-7 weeks to see results. It makes my skin look more even and glowing.

It is pricey, but a little goes a very long way.

Hyacinth Smile

Respected Contributor

I too love Genefique serum; have used it since it was introduced, and if I stop using it I can clearly see the difference. My skin is plump, smooth, has life. I am 68 with fair, dry skin, and this works. It also doesn't cause me problems which some skincare does.

Honored Contributor

Try L'Oreal Youth Code for a fraction of the cost, actives are the same.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/20/2014 FATCATinCT said:

I had a makeover done by them and ended up buying the whole kit and kaboodle, $641 worth! skin line and make up as well. I do have to say in just the very short time I used the products I noticed a remarkable difference in my skin! After several days the products literally burnt my face, I had to go on prednisone for the inflammation. Thankfully, Macy's took everything back. So, if you have sensitive skin, this line won't be for you.

I think it is Estee Lauder (???) that is the same line, just a cheaper price point.

Lancôme and Estee Lauder are the two powerhouse companies that own most of the other cosmetic/hair care/perfume companies. They are, however, definitely NOT the same company but competitors.

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 FATCATinCT said:

I believe that the same line as Lancome is Loreal brand that is sold in drugstores.

This is a small section about this from an article.

Why is Lancome more expensive than l’oreal?

Shelley Ann Asks…If L’Oreal ownes Lancome, why the heck is the price difference SO high? I recently received a foundation sample from Lancome and absolutely loved it. I went to the Lancome counter at Macys. . . the 0.85 oz full size product was $35.00. Yikes! The sales gal told me in France L’Oreal was at the department stores behind the counters and Lancome products were sold at France’s Walmarts, Target’s, and Walgreen stores. So what is up with this?

Honored Contributor

Isnt Lancome owned by L'Oreal?