Respected Contributor
For those who have used Wen for years like me, did you switch back to shampoo and are you happy? Did you see stripping and fading of your hair color? I have been using Wen for so long and wonder if there is a shampoo out there that won't strip my hair color and will allow me to have second day hair. Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Q2, prior to Wen, I used Pantene and I was very happy with them. I still use Pantene Curly periodically to prevent build up from Wen.

I used the moisture products with no complaints. They offer a line of products for color treated hair. You may want to give them a try.

What is Wen VS?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
The title came out wrong. I meant to say Wen versus what other product? Thanks for your response.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh okay.

I love Pantene products. The moisturizing, sulfate shampoos never dried my hair out; the deep conditioners did just that; and the shine serums took my hair to another level.

What made you leave Wen?

Respected Contributor

Hello, Q2girl. Smile

I haven't used these, but Nick Chavez has something called Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Color-Saver Paraben-Free Conditioner and Color-Saver Color-Gloss Sealer. I haven't used these, but maybe you might want to try them.

To those who like WEN, I promise I'm not trying to pit Nick's products against Chaz' products. Just listed some thing for the OP to try since she said she's looking for a shampoo that won't strip her hair color.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/20/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello, Q2girl. Smile

I haven't used these, but Nick Chavez has something called Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Color-Saver Paraben-Free Conditioner and Color-Saver Color-Gloss Sealer. I haven't used these, but maybe you might want to try them.

To those who like WEN, I promise I'm not trying to pit Nick's products against Chaz' products. Just listed some thing for the OP to try since she said she's looking for a shampoo that won't strip her hair color.

You are funny, NC. I get it though. It's a shame you have to write that last sentence.

Respected Contributor

My history is that I used WEN for many (many) years after it first came to the Q. I stopped using it for two years. Then I came back to it and my hair is the best it's ever been.

I'm actually glad I had that detour because I became much more savvy about the changing needs of my hair during those two years.

While I was non-WEN I had very good luck with the Hairtrition line from Sally's Beauty Supply. They have several formulas -- I used the shampoo that was color friendly and paired it with their high moisture conditioner.

Honored Contributor

No, I wasn't happy when I used shampoo again at all. I used some a couple months ago as an experiment. My hair felt horrible.

Back when I was using shampoo I tried a bunch looking for one that wouldn't fade my hair color and never found one that worked, no shampoo compares to Wen in color retention.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

NCBandwagon: Honny is right. You are funny. I once thought that posters were needlessly mean to you. But now that I have experienced several of your comments, I see how pervasive your subtle and not-so-subtle critiques are. While there is never an excuse for being mean in this forum, you do, on occasion, ask for people's ire.

It's great that you love your Nick products. But all roads don't have to lead to a WEN dig. Just love your hair and be happy. I wish that for you.

Honored Contributor

Not shampoo, no, but I have found a few co-wash type products that work well. But I've never had my hair color stripped by shampoo and conditioner though so I can't comment on that. The products I like though are not cheaper than WEN so not sure if making the change would save you any money, if that is why you are wanting to change?