Esteemed Contributor

Living in New State: Need Rec for Winter Face Cream

Hello Beauties,

Having retired last year, we moved to Oregon and are now experiencing 4 seasons. Last winter wasn't too bad, but this year my face is already dried out (and I know the heater helps that a lot!).

I have no experience in knowing what to purchase as a winter time moisturizer for the face. I'm 67 and still have an occasional break-out here or there. Not bad, really. Used to have really oily skin.

I do wear m/u daily, which includes a foundation. Recently had to change brands, because the one I was using was flaking off of my skin.

Can you recommend something I can try to get my skin through the winter? Thank you so very much in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: Living in New State: Need Rec for Winter Face Cream

Try SKINN's Collagenesis 24 Hour Balm, it's ultra-moisturizing without "suffocating" your skin. Are you currently using a serum? If not, I highly recommend SKINN's Facial Stem Regen. You also might want to incorporate a facial oil into your routine. I regularly use WEN oils on my face. HTH!

Super Contributor

I like Olay Regenerist, Cera VE PM (love those ceramides) and Josie's argan oil.

Also liked Hope in a Jar at one time.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/19/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Try SKINN's Collagenesis 24 Hour Balm, it's ultra-moisturizing without "suffocating" your skin. Are you currently using a serum? If not, I highly recommend SKINN's Facial Stem Regen. You also might want to incorporate a facial oil into your routine. I regularly use WEN oils on my face. HTH!

Thank you, Colonel Meow,

I've not tried any SKINN products. I like your description of "ultra-moisturising with suffocating" ones skin. Am not using a serum presently, but do use JM's argan oil, which I use on face and fingers.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/19/2014 KateChopin said:

I like Olay Regenerist, Cera VE PM (love those ceramides) and Josie's argan oil.

Hi KateChopin,

(Do you play Chopin? I played many of his pieces when in college.)

Regenerist gets so much ad time on TV, but, you know, I haven't really paid any attention to it, as I always mute the commercials. I'll be making a trip to Walgreens on Saturday, so will check this out. (Already have and use Josie's argan oil, which I found on this BB.)

Honored Contributor

Skinn Secret Elixir Midnight Recovery Serum........I think it's a ""10+""

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/19/2014 Desertdi said:

Skinn Secret Elixir Midnight Recovery Serum........I think it's a "10+"

Desertdi,

Thank you for the SKINN recommendation. I know nothing of these products, so have my research cut out for me tomorrow.

Thanks, again.

Honored Contributor

On 11/19/2014 sfnative said:
On 11/19/2014 Desertdi said:

Skinn Secret Elixir Midnight Recovery Serum........I think it's a "10+"

Desertdi,

Thank you for the SKINN recommendation. I know nothing of these products, so have my research cut out for me tomorrow.

Thanks, again.

Hi.....Skinn has a "menu" for oily skin products. I use many of them. I'm a couple years older than you.......used to live in So Cal........but now in AZ, and it's really dry here. I wish you good luck! (You can apply an additional moisturizer over the Recovery serum.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/19/2014 sfnative said:
On 11/19/2014 KateChopin said:

Hi KateChopin,

(Do you play Chopin? I played many of his pieces when in college.)

Regenerist gets so much ad time on TV, but, you know, I haven't really paid any attention to it, as I always mute the commercials. I'll be making a trip to Walgreens on Saturday, so will check this out. (Already have and use Josie's argan oil, which I found on this BB.)

Another vote for Olay Regenerist!

They have a lot of products in that line, so specifically the Night Cream in the purple jar.

When I lived in Los Angeles and did a lot of snowboarding, my skin dried out. I was using Olay MicroSculpting Cream, which is excellent on it's own; I still use it.

I called Olay to find out what else in the line I could use. The rep told me about the night cream in the purple jar. I told her that I'm not a night washer. She said it's a night cream because it doesn't have a sunscreen.

I asked if she had any personal experience with it, as opposed to reading a script. She responded that it was her primary cream and that she lived in Minnesota.

Jackpot!

I asked her if she knew Prince, since I was on a roll.

Long story long, that is one of the best hydrating creams I have used.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I use Perricone MD Hyalo Plasma with Photo Plasma on top and I have to say my skin looks fantastic. I also use a heavy duty moisturizer at night. If you are interested in Perricone there is a 20% off today on his website.