Honored Contributor

FHI Thermal Brush vs Calista Perfector or Something Else?

The FHI thermal brush is on sale for 99 +free shipping on HSN today. Looks like a great stylus. Anyone using it? Other similar tools/recommendations?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: FHI Thermal Brush vs Calista Perfector or Something Else?

I have the Perfecter and use it all the time. I have very fine hair that is stick-straight....the Perfecter works exactly like it does on the demos shown on TV. I am very pleased with it and highly recommend it!

Regular Contributor

Hi Chi, I'm usually on another forumn but read the beauty banter all the time. I bought the perfector at ulta several weeks ago. I have normal to thick straight hair. Style is short to mid length. My take on the perfector in the morning I don't have to 're wet my hair,and blow dry . The tool puts some shine to my hair and does give the fullness the blow dryer does. But takes less time to use which I love. So far I haven't achieved what Calista shows on the account go figure lol!! Is it worth the money I think one should decide on that. I was skeptical reading some of the reviews. Bottom line I'm keeping it and happy I bought it. Hope this helps.
Honored Contributor

On 11/19/2014 lovesrecess said:

I have the Perfecter and use it all the time. I have very fine hair that is stick-straight....the Perfecter works exactly like it does on the demos shown on TV. I am very pleased with it and highly recommend it!

thx for the recommendation! I like to use the calista hot rollers, but the Perfector would be great for travel and quick touch ups

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 11/19/2014 floss 84 said: Hi Chi, I'm usually on another forumn but read the beauty banter all the time. I bought the perfector at ulta several weeks ago. I have normal to thick straight hair. Style is short to mid length. My take on the perfector in the morning I don't have to 're wet my hair,and blow dry . The tool puts some shine to my hair and does give the fullness the blow dryer does. But takes less time to use which I love. So far I haven't achieved what Calista shows on the account go figure lol!! Is it worth the money I think one should decide on that. I was skeptical reading some of the reviews. Bottom line I'm keeping it and happy I bought it. Hope this helps.
Hi floss-my hair is long, cut with layers so I have many optional styles. I've been interested in a stylus tool, just trying to decide on the brand. Love my Calista hot rollers, and would rather spend more to get a good product that works & lasts. Had some concerns about the poor reviews for the Perfector, so your input is very much appreciated. Thx!

Trusted Contributor

My daughter sent the perfector back. I suppose everyone's opinion will differ as our hair all differs. Oh, also my sister sent hers back-totally different length and texture of hair than my daughter.

Honored Contributor

On 11/19/2014 kjae said:

My daughter sent the perfector back. I suppose everyone's opinion will differ as our hair all differs. Oh, also my sister sent hers back-totally different length and texture of hair than my daughter.

Did it not work? Wonder if the style/curl will hold as long as with hot rollers or maybe it's better for smoothing and creating looser waves.

Respected Contributor

I have the Perfecter, use it often. I have long , heavily layered hair. I will say that there was a learning curve for me and I am generally pretty good with styling. Once I got the hang of how to do my hair with it, I was sold. I love it for second and even third day hair! Makes mornings really easy!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Contributor

I have both and I like each one for different reasons. I've head the Perfecter for about a year now. I find it's good for getting curl, but the ends get a little frizzy. About a month ago I bought the FHI thermal brush (because I'm addicted to hair tools) and the FHI gives my hair body with a straighter look. I find I reach for the FHI tool more now because it gives me shine and my ends look smoother with no frizz at all.

Respected Contributor

I saw this presented later last night on HSN.

I must be missing something! I could not really figure out what it was doing!

I can see it with the Perfector, the hot rollers, and the flat irons.

I was completely unimpressed with whatever it was supposed to be doing.

Hyacinth Wink