Honored Contributor

I wish everything wasn't always in a kit

I would like to try Josie Maron's powder foundation but it is only available in a kit - when someone is just trying a product out they don't want to pay $60 for it and get other products they don't want or need. I wish QVC would offer individual products or sample sizes.

Respected Contributor

Re: I wish everything wasn't always in a kit

You can buy it at Sephora.
Respected Contributor

And to be honest, unless you are buying a kit, Q exclusives, TSV, or OTO, the Q isn't usually the best place to shop. Those are the only items I EVER buy at the Q. Shop around!!
Honored Contributor

Sephora, Ulta and her own website carries individual items.

Respected Contributor

More discovery kits would also be good to offer. Sample selections would be best for many products so you could just try what you really want to buy. Even a discovery kit may have products that you are not interested in. Just not sure how you would price the samples. Some sites do offer samples for a minimal price that gives you a chance to try a product.

Esteemed Contributor

I like a kit when I'm trying a new product, b/c you get to try a lot of things. But after, I buy few b/c I'm replenishing and don't want all those extras.

Respected Contributor

The more kits they sell, the higher the price point, the more $$ they make. I used to get sucked into those kits, thinking how inexpensive per item things were that way. Then I realized that at least half of those items only got used once or twice so, no bargain there. If I spend $60 on a kit with six items but only use one, i.e., the foundation, bottom line is I just spent $60 on foundation and filled the landfill with the rest. I'll buy a kit if I think that I will actually use every product, or want to try a new line. Then, if I want to repurchase something I buy it individually at Ulta.

Trusted Contributor

The Josie Maran website runs some great sales. Just stocked up on whipped body butter. Free shipping too.
"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

I love these answers. Hello? You don't have to buy it from QVC at the price and in the format they offer! You can buy just the product you're interested in elsewhere, often at a better price/on sale, without the tacked-on per item S&H fees! It just slays me that TV shoppers so often limit themselves to products, prices, and formats that are paraded in front of them via TV sales presentations. Shop around, people!

Honored Contributor

On 11/18/2014 FUTURE said: And to be honest, unless you are buying a kit, Q exclusives, TSV, or OTO, the Q isn't usually the best place to shop. Those are the only items I EVER buy at the Q. Shop around!!

Amen to this!