Honored Contributor
I'd like to use the Argan Oil in addition to my moisturizer. How should I layer it? Argan oil first, followed by moisturizer or vice-versa?
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Re: Argan Oil Usage Guidance

Well, the argan oil is OILY, but I do layer it at night in the winter. You can do it in the AM, IF you have LOTS of time to let it sink in.

I put on any serum I use first, then the argan oil, then in the winter, after the oil sinks in, I put Cera Ve PM on.

I like to use argan oil alone to give my skin a rest from products twice a week. I just use it after cleansing. Very soothing.

Trusted Contributor

I just mix a few drops in moisturizer and apply. This works well for me and absorbs quickly.
Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 equss said: I just mix a few drops in moisturizer and apply. This works well for me and absorbs quickly.

That is exactly how I use it, as well...beanie

Respected Contributor

I just mix a few drops in with my moisturizer and it works great.

Trusted Contributor

I also use just a drop or two in my Dr D spf 30 in the morning. Just mix it in the palm of my hand and spread. Makes the daycream spread easily and gives a luminous smooth finish.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night Josie said Argan oil is your moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I apply it first then moisurizer.

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 beanie said:
On 11/18/2014 equss said: I just mix a few drops in moisturizer and apply. This works well for me and absorbs quickly.

That is exactly how I use it, as well...beanie

That is what I do as well. It works great. My skin feels great after :-)
Honored Contributor

If you use it as a separate layer with a moisturizer, it should go last. An oil seals moisture in, so using over your moisturizer seals that in.

I often mix it, instead. I mix it in with my body lotions, as well.