Honored Contributor

Do you ever wonder like I do why ALL companies don't make products free of chemicals? They can do it so why don't they to make them safer for the public.

Even cleaning products-Why make them full of toxic chemicals?

Even wonder why companies don't all make their cans BPA free? It can be done so why not do this? Some do like Libbys now. I try to buy the BPA free but not always easy to find.

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Esteemed Contributor

Everything is a chemical; even water.

Toxic chemicals, on the other hand, are being phased out. It takes a lot of research and development (R&D) to find an alternative chemical that will do the job and still keep consumer prices down. It takes time.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Because they would be more expensive to make and there are so many out there who don't believe anything can be clean without the chemicals and smell! My sister is one of them as were many who I worked with. I use a steam cleaner for nearly all cleaning and natural cleaners for some things and so many criticized me and insisted I wasn't getting things clean since I used no smelly harsh cleaners. When you can find toxic cleaners at the dollar stores many many would not pay more for safer cleaners. It surprised me how many with young children thought this way!!

Honored Contributor

No, I don't really wonder about this because I don't ascribe to the myth that chemicals are necessarily bad. If a chemical is PROVED to be toxic above a certain level, then it should either be banned or at least come with a warning.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Chemical and toxic chemical are two different things, as others above have noted. Everything we encounter in life involves chemicals and chemistry; toxic is something different altogether. People who don't know better often assume chemistry means something negative.

Honored Contributor

It might be cheaper to make it like that.

Honored Contributor

I only use chemical free all purpose cleansers on my floors and countertops. I have a cat so I don't want her breathing in chemicals by her food bowls in the kitchen. You have a point about cosmetics but it's probably very costly but I do believe they could start slowly.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

No, but I do wonder why people can't put what is they really are talking about in their thread titles. This makes people click on threads they otherwise might have skipped, and wastes their time.

CeeCee

Honored Contributor
On 11/16/2014 Johnnyeager said:

Chemical and toxic chemical are two different things, as others above have noted. Everything we encounter in life involves chemicals and chemistry; toxic is something different altogether. People who don't know better often assume chemistry means something negative.

Yup........and there's plenty of "natural" stuff that's toxic, too!

♥Surface of the Sun♥