Valued Contributor

Really want an awesome do-it-all face cleanser...

I really want a great cleanser. I've tried various oils, soaps, and such, but haven't found something that works great. Everything is just so-so. I have dry skin in the winter. I want something that will remove the remnant of waterproof mascara from my eyes and the makeup from my face. I have tried two of the Skinn cleansers which were pretty good, Garnier cleansing oil which didn't rinse well at all, Purity Made Simple - yuck, and various others over the years. Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Really want an awesome do-it-all face cleanser...

Broken record recommendation coming....Dr. Young Camellia Cleansing Oil. Get it on Amazon. I've been using this nightly for about a year now and never want to be without it. It gets all my makeup off, including mascara, yet my skin remains soft and without any oily residue.

Frequent Contributor

The Tatcha cleanser is great, but it is two steps. The oil cleanser first which you rub around and then dampen your hands to emulsify it, then rinse. Then the powder which is like a very fine exfoliation. It is lovely and I have tried a million.

http://www.qvc.com/TATCHA-Cleansing-Oil-&-Polishing-Enzyme-Powder.product.A234445.html

Honored Contributor

One love organics vitamin B enzyme cleansing oil. Removes ALLall your makeup, doesn't irritate your eyes when you use it to remove your eyemakeup, leaves your skin soft and supple, not stripped or tight but not any oily residue either. You apply it to dry face, add a splash of water and it becomes a milky consistency and then rinses off easily. I know it isn't cheap but it lasts a long time since you don't need much. It is my HG cleanser and I won't ever be without (well, unless they discontinued it, lol).

Super Contributor

For dry skin, it's Eve Lom. Pricey, but worth it. A220191

Trusted Contributor

Cera Ve is the best i've ever used.
Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Broken record recommendation coming....Dr. Young Camellia Cleansing Oil. Get it on Amazon. I've been using this nightly for about a year now and never want to be without it. It gets all my makeup off, including mascara, yet my skin remains soft and without any oily residue.

Just started using this too about 2 weeks ago and it is really nice. No plans to look for anything else at this point now! Thanks again for the info JLF
Regular Contributor

I would agree with the rec of a cleansing oil, but one that rinses completely (unlike the Garnier, which does not, as you already know). Cleansing oils remove ALL makeup without irritation or dryness.

I love Bare Minerals Mineralixer Cleansing Oil. Philosophy makes a Purity Cleansing Oil and it's great, but the flip cap leaks on mine. I'm going back to the Bare Minerals when I'm done with the Purity Cleansing Oil.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 jtdmum said: Cera Ve is the best i've ever used.

Exactly what I was going to recommend. I like the hydrating cleanser.

Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 suebdoo said:
On 11/14/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Just started using this too about 2 weeks ago and it is really nice. No plans to look for anything else at this point now! Thanks again for the info JLF

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Glad you're happy with it!