Trusted Contributor
I'm considering this upcoming December TSV as a gift to myself. It comes with the Buttercup blowdryer, a round brush, and some sort of hairspray for $165. That seems like a decent price, but I'd love some of the clips to come with it. Does anyone love their Buttercup? The last blowdryer I picked up for $19 at Costco a few weeks ago feels cheap and lightweight, and is super loud. I hate it, and plan to get a nicer blowdryer. I use one every day and would like to own something that I enjoy using!
Respected Contributor

I already posted about this hair dryer and never got any responses. I would also like others opinion about this hair dryer before I buy it.

Trusted Contributor
Oh darn. I was hoping to hear from others. I did look at reviews on Sephora and they were mostly favorable. I watched a blow-out video on this dryer, and it looked nice....I just need a little kick. Smiley Happy. It's a cute dryer too, and I keep mine "out" all the time in my bathroom, so its nice to have one that actually looks nice
Frequent Contributor
I too, would love a review from a current owner of this dryer. I've been comparing a couple on the Q, as they are on 6 easy payments. I'm on the fence of purchasing the Buttercup, as the warranty is only for 1year vs the T3 for 2 years. Several reviews I've read stated that it blew out cold air or suddenly stopped working. I've never bought a dryer costing this much, but I spend a small fortune getting my hair colored every couple of months. I currently use a Conair and want to make a wise investment. So any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Contributor

I got the Buttercup Dryer last November and I LOVE it - my only issue has been the air intake 'cover' (the part that has two parts that lock to keep the piecce on) had one of the locks break. It was my fault, I had dropped it a number of times but apparently when it hit my toe, that was enough to knock one of the locks off. It still works and locks, just not sure how long it will keep on working or if it'll cause an issue with what comes in on the unlocked side. Unfortunately, I am just out of warranty.

My hair stylist got one about a year and a half ago (also from Q), she uses it for her clients and has a lot more wear & tear than I do and hers is still going strong!

Hope this helps...

Trusted Contributor

I just bought a really nice Chi on clearance at Marshalls last weekend for $54.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/14/2014 TwinsMom said:

I got the Buttercup Dryer last November and I LOVE it - my only issue has been the air intake 'cover' (the part that has two parts that lock to keep the piecce on) had one of the locks break. It was my fault, I had dropped it a number of times but apparently when it hit my toe, that was enough to knock one of the locks off. It still works and locks, just not sure how long it will keep on working or if it'll cause an issue with what comes in on the unlocked side. Unfortunately, I am just out of warranty.

My hair stylist got one about a year and a half ago (also from Q), she uses it for her clients and has a lot more wear & tear than I do and hers is still going strong!

Hope this helps...

Wow - this helps a lot. If a hairdresser can use this, it feels like my once-a-day usage should be easy for it to handle!!

I usually have hairdryers for 4-6 years, so I don't mind spending a little more for something that I use every day. I had a nice dryer around 20 years ago, and kept replacing it with cheap ones when it burned out. So this will be the most I've spent on a blowdryer in a while.

Respected Contributor
On 11/14/2014 CAshopper2011 said:
On 11/14/2014 TwinsMom said:

Hope this helps...

Wow - this helps a lot. If a hairdresser can use this, it feels like my once-a-day usage should be easy for it to handle!!

I usually have hairdryers for 4-6 years, so I don't mind spending a little more for something that I use every day. I had a nice dryer around 20 years ago, and kept replacing it with cheap ones when it burned out. So this will be the most I've spent on a blowdryer in a while.

I agree with you and thank you twins mom. If your hair stylist uses this it must be a good product.

Contributor

Great! I've been wanting to get this blow dryer.

Does anyone have the item number yet?

thanks~

Contributor
I purchased the buttercup from qvc early this summer and I love it! Prior to that, I had used a mini blow dryer that I had for 10 years so the buttercup was a huge upgrade. I'm not sure about the ionic technology they talk about because my hair has always been relatively shiny and healthy. I will say that the cool air feature is nice. I gave my 10 year old niece a blow out with it and she loved the fact that we could press the cool dry option and it stayed the entire time( I.e. Don't have to hold the button in place in order to get cool air). One thing I was suprised about though, is the industrial size cord! It's very long, bulky, and heavy. It makes the blow dryer feel a bit heavy but I imagine the cord is useful in salon settings. The qvc demonstrations I saw had the blow dryer cord cut off so it was just surprising when I got it home. I got the kit with the 4 hair clips and they are great and durable. I keep one in the shower to clip my hair up during deep conditioning and it's held up great, no rust or wear. Overall I really like the unit but still wonder if it's worth the price tag. I kept it because there's nothing wrong with it and I knew the price tag when i purchased it. I guess it just depends on your needs.