Super Contributor

Bobbi Brown powder eyeshadows - thoughts?

Does Bobbi Brown have good powder eyeshadows? Just wondering if they are pigmented well and don't have too much fall out. Anyone a fan?

Respected Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown powder eyeshadows - thoughts?

I threw all mine out after trying to work with them unsuccessfully. They seemed very dry and when I put them on with her eyeshadow brush, the powdery texture was more all over the place than on my eyelids.

I don't recommend them.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing special, IMO, and horribly overpriced. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

I like most of the sets I have (and I have a LOT of them) other than the "sparkle" shades - those have almost no pigment and just end up a glittery mess. They wear very well on me - my only real "complaint" is too many of the shades are similar to each other so I have quite a few duplicates between my various pallets. If you are looking for a high-quality shadow w/ good color payoff and very little fall-out I certainly would recommend Dior. They are definitely some money but very, very nice quality!!

Esteemed Contributor

I really like BB powder eye shadows. I have very sensitive skin with a ton of allergies and issues so it's always a "quest" to find a product that works for me. I also like Mally eye shadow sticks and Laura Geller's baked eye shadow items. BB products appeal to me because I wanted shades that would work together and I didn't have to really think about it on those days that I need to get out the door quick or only had ten minutes to pull myself together.

I find them to be heavily pigmented in the non metallic shades. I have very fair skin so you can see blue veining, etc with products that are too sheer. I don't mind the metallic. I use them in the corners or the crease of the eye. I like the darker shade selection if I am going to wear a metallic.

I really like the BB palettes. You actually get more product than it appears, the colors work and it is an easy way to try something new without having to purchase a full size. Overall, I have been very pleased with all of the products in the Bobbi Brown line.

Super Contributor

I wear mostly Bobbi Brown makeup, including her eye shadows. I am NOT a fan of the glitter shades. They wind up flaking underneath my eyes (and that's with a primer underneath the shadow).

I have many of Bobbi's palettes as well as individual powder and cream shades. I highly recommend them.

Honored Contributor

They are gorgeous shades in the pans. On the lids, way way too powdery and very little pigment unfortunately.
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I would agree, they DO look much better in the pans, than on your eyes! lol

You know some of them are alright, and some of them are not. I don't know what the difference is, but sometimes I run across one that is fine and others not so much. It's weird. The last one I bought was the Blonde matte shadow and I am pretty happy with it. I do layer it over a primer or cream shadow first. I think her cream shadows are much better quality than her powder shadows. They do have the least COLOR payoff of any shadows I have purchased. I don't know why and it seems like her older shadows, were better quality and had better color payoff. I was happier with her shadows when I first started using them years ago than I am now. I definitely think there has been a decline in quality, perhaps it has to do with formulation, or where they are made, I dunno.

I absolutely hate her powder sparkle shadows for me at my age. Yes I said HATE. Worst product she's come out with in years, IMHO.

Occasional Contributor

Very little pigment. Urban Decay and Laura Mercier are much better at this price point.

Respected Contributor

Very little color payoff. Almost transparent on me.