Respected Contributor

Favorite Method For Removing Facial Hair

Wax? Depilatory? Shaving? Threading?

I have quite a bit of (longer) fuzz all over my face, and darker hair on my upper lip, coming down from my sideburns, and in the area between my chin and neck. I have been using a depilatory, basically from right below my eyes down to my neck, but I'm not really a huge fan...the hair and fuzz grow back pretty quickly. I've had my upper lip threaded, and while I liked the results, because of the pain, I can't imagine threading my entire face. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but threading was torture!!!

What are your favorites methods for facial hair removal? (Not really interested in laser...though better long-term results, only works on the darker hair and not the lighter colored fuzz.)

Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Method For Removing Facial Hair

I have been shaving mine with the little pink 'forever' shaver that I got from the q. My fuzz is light color, however. I have never told hubby, and he has never mentioned any stubble. I do it every couple of weeks. My mother did it this way, she had beautiful skin, so I have just done what she did. I cannot bring myself to use a regular razor, as I fear cutting myself. I will look forward to seeing how others handle this.

Respected Contributor

I do a combo of things (thick, dark upper lip hair, thinner but still dark hair along jaw/chin/sideburns).

Bought the emJoi eRase epilator earlier this year and I love that thing! I use it from my nose down to under my chin every 3 weeks or so. I still have to pluck a number of coarse chin hairs that tend to grow just under the skin, but it's a miracle for my upper lip/jaw/sideburn areas. Since hair grows in cycles, I use the shaver head that comes with the epilator between times. A quick run over my face every day keeps things under control.

I won't lie--the epilating is a bit painful, but it's bearable for me. The results are worth it!

Honored Contributor

pluck 'n shave

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I'm a plucker, but hate it. I have light hairs on my upper lip and some dark single hairs on my chin. The cancer drug I had wrecked my adrenal system and now I have this problem. The worst part is that the pores are so small I end up with ingrown hairs. I'm so embarrassed about this.

Esteemed Contributor

I had my upper lip waxed for years and finally just got it lasered off. Took 6 treatments but finally gone.

Lasers have changed somewhat so you might look into whether you might be a candidate.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I have been shaving my chinny chin chin and my upper lip for a couple of years now and I could not be happier. My only regret is that I did not do it sooner, facial was always a problem for me. Before the naysayers jump in....no....the hair does not grow back faster, no there is no stubble, no there is no razer burn. Yes, shaving gives me a clean, smooth, hair free face for 2 or 3 days. I use those little colored disposable "ladies" razors and shaving creamm.

Honored Contributor

Emjoi eMagine with some manual chin and jawline plucking in between. Prior to getting the Emjoi, I was using a Bellabe.

Honored Contributor

Trim comb works nicely on light fuzz. Buy hubby the new one endorsed by Brett Favre. I think his name is on it. As a Packer fan, that's my next one anyway.

Honored Contributor

Trim comb works nicely on light fuzz. Buy hubby the new one endorsed by Brett Favre. I think his name is on it. As a Packer fan, that's my next one anyway.