Contributor

Do you think neck creams are really necessary and do a better job than your moisturizer or other skin care products you are using?

I have heard from so many that they are not, and tht they do make a difference. Several surgeons say to use your regular skin care, you don't need something different for your neck.

I use Skin Ceuticals physician/spa products for years and they do not have a special cream for the neck?

Just curious because you ladies are such professionals and am sure you know what works. Thamks for your advise.

Judi

Trusted Contributor

I have used Strivectin and Dr. Perricone's neck creams and found that they both work well. I had used face cream on my neck and it did not do a thing for me. Of the two, I believe that Perricone's neck cream actually worked the best for me. I can see a big difference.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Valued Contributor

A few months ago, I was able to purchase from Dr. Perricone's website his new Neuropeptide neck cream which really is more like a gel....it comes out using a pump.

Anyway, I really like it. It is very expensive but on his site at that time, there was a buy two for the price of one offer and I did that.

Need to purchase again but will have to wait until the price is lower or another one of these kinds of sales.

I do believe it made a nice difference in my neckline. I do not have extreme neck issues but like to stay ahead of the game.

It is easy to apply and absorbs nicely.

Esteemed Contributor

Some folks here convinced me to try Skinn Cosmetics at Shop HQ. I love his Chin Up product. The best I have ever used except for Diane Young's coneflower neck cream. I must say I am very impressed with Skjnn. he ingredients are natural and superior and the products are very innovative. I am very unimpressed with Perricone. I think they are way overpriced for what they are

Trusted Contributor

ANY neck cream used during the day should have SPF. I use and love Dr. Denese's SPF30 Neck Defense Day Cream. It is given a ""best"" rating by Paula on Beautypedia although she argues that you don't need a separate neck and face cream and she says that this product is great for the face as well. HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever I put on my face, I bring down to my neck. PLUS, once or twice a day I apply a firming cream to my neck (Avon's), mostly out of habit.

I started using Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream in my mid-50's. I'm now 65 with no sags or crepe-paper skin on my neck. None. I don't know if that's due to good genetics or the firming cream, but I keep buying and applying that firming cream just in case. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I like the Bare Minerals one the best. Dr. Denese's is nice. Strivectin's did nothing for me, and Perricone products often have an awful scent, so I have not tried.

Honored Contributor

Products will improve the texture of the outside skin, but there's not a topical product that will tighten the underlying muscle. A saggy jowl/neck will always be a saggy jowl/neck.

Respected Contributor
On 11/11/2014 sidsmom said:

Products will improve the texture of the outside skin, but there's not a topical product that will tighten the underlying muscle. A saggy jowl/neck will always be a saggy jowl/neck.

I tend to agree with this. Whenever I listen closely to neck cream presentation they talk about hydration and improved texture. If this is your issue, then a good cream -- neck or otherwise -- makes great sense. But sagging and deep lines? Those issues seem beyond what can be expected of a cream.

This might not be a perfect comparison but as I have aged alongside a few of the Q hosts, I have noticed signs of aging in the appearance of their necks. This is not a put-down, just an observation. It seems to me that if they have access to every cream and product sold on the Q, yet they don't have perfect necks, I probably won't get one either by purchasing one or two potions. So I put my face moisturizer on my neck and call it good!

Respected Contributor
On 11/11/2014 islandgrrl said:
On 11/11/2014 sidsmom said:

I tend to agree with this. Whenever I listen closely to neck cream presentation they talk about hydration and improved texture. If this is your issue, then a good cream -- neck or otherwise -- makes great sense. But sagging and deep lines? Those issues seem beyond what can be expected of a cream.

This might not be a perfect comparison but as I have aged alongside a few of the Q hosts, I have noticed signs of aging in the appearance of their necks. This is not a put-down, just an observation. It seems to me that if they have access to every cream and product sold on the Q, yet they don't have perfect necks, I probably won't get one either by purchasing one or two potions. So I put my face moisturizer on my neck and call it good!

I agree with islandgrrl, I too see the signs of aging on Q hosts. They have Q products at their disposal- or for a fraction of the cost-and if the products produced results as promised why isn't it visible on the hosts? Because no neck or face cream can do what the hype says.

A large part of aging is hereditary. Good skin care, and daily sun screen are the most effective.