Valued Contributor

Anyone here use Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Cream?

Hi Ladies, I've been intrigued by this product for years and yet I've never tried it. Anyone here use it? I'm an admitted lotion and cream junkie and I feel like I've tried them all-but not this. It has had a cult following for years and many people say it has multiple uses. What has your experience been??? TIASmiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone here use Elizabeth Arden Eight-Hour Cream?

Yes! It's liked kicked-up vaseline in texture, with an aromatic, herbal scent. I read a review once that described the scent as "like something from an ancient tomb" and that pretty much describes it. For me it was not a miracle and I prefer plain old vaseline.

Valued Contributor

Hi Coldlake-Thank u.Smiley Happy I've been reading reviews and finally getting that it's more of a Vaseline-type product. Which doesn't interest me in the same way that I originally thought the product would. In my mind I had it being like an emollient cream. Dunno why?
Respected Contributor

Hey, glmama!! I have. It's just ok. I didn't use the whole tube and eventually just chunked it. I love the Honest Company Organic Healing Balm. More natural and just works better, IMO. HTH!!
Valued Contributor

Hi Future.Smiley Happy Thank you for the review. This is why I LOVE this board.Smiley Happy I ask and I get answers! I have something from Whole Foods that I've used on myself and my kids for a long time now--cannot for the life of me remember the brand name (comes in a yellow tube.) I think it's probably similar to the EA product--but a more natural product. I also have the Josie Maran Infinity Cream somewhere in my stash that is kinda like a Vaseline, too. Btw. Future, I've never tried any of the Honest Co. products, but I've read some good reviews of a few things . One of them is a body oil???
Honored Contributor

Lol-nm

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

Arden's Eight Hour Cream is one of my Lifetime Hall of Fame products; my mother used it and I started using it waaaay back in the 50's and have never been without it since! The "magic" ingredient is castor oil,a timeless emollient. They have improved the scent a teensy bit but I love it no matter how it smells (herbal-ly).

The only other product that comes close is Josie Maran Intensive Argan Oil in a tube.

Valued Contributor

As a "women of a certain age" I have loved this cream for 50 years! I only use it in Winter, on my lips and on my hands and feet, before bedtime. It is very thick and very rich, but worth the money because one jar will last forever. Elizabeth Arden invented this cream before there were many other cosmetic companies; she was a Horse Woman, very accomplished, so she invented creams that helped her own skin. They used to make another cream called "Orange Cream" that was like the Eight Hour, but slightly richer. I remember as a teen reading an interview with Elizabeth Taylor, and she said that the Orange Cream was the one beauty item she would never be without. I bought my first jar the next day! LOL

Its far too rich to use as a moisturizer, but as a "my skin is totally chapped and red" these creams are fabulous!

Respected Contributor

I used to think Eight Hour Cream was the end all, Then I discovered it smells exactly like A&D Ointment from the baby section in the Drugstore. A carbon copy. I grew up with this because my Mom used it. We now both use A&D for everything like we did Eight Hour Cream. Fraction of the cost!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I used to think Eight Hour Cream was the end all, Then I discovered it smells exactly like A&D Ointment from the baby section in the Drugstore. A carbon copy. I grew up with this because my Mom used it. We now both use A&D for everything like we did Eight Hour Cream. Fraction of the cost!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield