Respected Contributor

50+ Beauties Do You Prefer Powder Or Cream Blush

And do you think our age bracket should change to creams? I am 61 and I use both and I don't find that powder blush makes you look older like some MUA's say.

Honored Contributor

Re: 50+ Beauties Do You Prefer Powder Or Cream Blush

It depends. I have some powder brushes that feel like cream (Laura Mercier & Trish McEvoy). Even Tarte's long lasting powder blush is wonderful. The ones that I mentioned all looks like creams on. Powder is not flying everywhere. I do like creams but do not currently own any. Since I am cutting down on costs of cosmetics, I will use up what I have first (hopefully). ha! I am 64.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

OMGoodness! After 55, I started using a cream blush and I love it. I'm now 58 and I use the Sephora cream blend in a soft apricot color. It's warm and goes on so well.
Regular Contributor

OP - ITA! I am 61 and use both with great results!

Respected Contributor

I'm 56. I use both and don't find it makes a bit of difference. Most days it's powder because it's quick and easy.

Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 SuzyBailey said: OMGoodness! After 55, I started using a cream blush and I love it. I'm now 58 and I use the Sephora cream blend in a soft apricot color. It's warm and goes on so well.

Is the blush you are talking about a Sephora brand or another brand sold at Sephora. It sound very pretty and I would like to try. I went on the Sephora website and couldn't find it.

Super Contributor

Cream

Honored Contributor

Powder for me. I tried a cream blush, but it vanished within a short time.

Super Contributor

With my oily skin, every time I read an article that says I should toss my powder foundation and blush, I want to scream.

We are not all alike. I can see where someone with dry skin (regardless of age) would want a cream or gel blush. I would like all the so called experts to acknowledge that someone with oily skin, regardless of age, might actually look better with powder blush.

Sorry for the rant. You asked a good question, so please don't take offense at my rant.

Michele

Honored Contributor

A Bobbi Brown used a cream blush on me recently and while I liked the way it looked I bought powder blush. I think you have more control if you put too much or too little on, whereas with the cream you don't .