Honored Contributor

I gave it a great shot. What it did for my hair initially was miraculous, soft, manageable and shiny. I was sold and loved what it did. I did notice some sloughing off of hair (loss) and that has bothered me a lot, but no way to tell if it was the WEN (started at the same time), or genetics, who knows. Then, slowly my hair started getting less manageable and started looking weighed down, sort of "greasy" without being greasy, so I started experimenting with different "flavors". I've tried them all in many combinations. The best has been Orange Blossom, Peach and Fig. I've really played around with how many pumps, where I place the cleanser on my head, moving from one "flavor" to another, combining "flavors". I mean it, I've really, really tried and I've spent an awful lot of money during this 6 month learning curve.

I'm now done. Even though I have a lot of product to still go through (and I will)... I changed back to one of my favorite no sulfate shampoo and conditioners this morning and my hair looks wonderful today. I don't know what else to say other than maybe for some of us, cleaning and conditioning our hair is a rotational thing? That for some of us using only one product runs its course and we have to trade to a totally different product? At least that's what it seems for me. I'm not running down WEN at all, and really enjoyed it in the beginning, and LOVE the Peach, it's just my experience and thought I'd report on my pretty expensive 6 month WEN experiment. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

well, you tried to make it work longer than I would have. Good luck and hope you find something you love!

Respected Contributor

I love WEN...but the experimenting part is definitely a big investment. It has been more than worth it for me (because I found my sweet spot) but I can completely understand why you are looking elsewhere. Who knows? You may find it fun to intersperse WEN with your non-sulfate shampoo. Sorry it didn't work for you for the long haul.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for confirming my experience. I keep trying to use what I bought over a year ago but it ruins my hair. Thought it was my hair , but it is better without Wen.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer an honest opinion any day of the week from someone that has actually purchased and attempted to use the product versus opinions from people that have not purchased and still want to put any product down.

I wish you luck with your future hair products. :-)

Honored Contributor
On 11/9/2014 islandgrrl said:

I love WEN...but the experimenting part is definitely a big investment. It has been more than worth it for me (because I found my sweet spot) but I can completely understand why you are looking elsewhere. Who knows? You may find it fun to intersperse WEN with your non-sulfate shampoo. Sorry it didn't work for you for the long haul.

Interspersing it lightly with other products is a great idea! I will try that.... Smile

Also, thanks for not beating me across the head and shoulders (pun intended) regarding my OP.... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Some folks have had great results using their choice of shampoo and using the WEN as their after shampoo conditioner.

I have a couple off formulas that just don't work for my hair. I use my bamboo green tea as my shaving cream (till it's gone) and I LOVE 613 for my face, hate it for my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Q4U, as a Wen lover, I'm so sorry it didn't work for you. You gave it a good try.

Best of luck with your next product.

In regards to your hair loss, this is what may have happened: your previous product was no longer gluing your hair together, so your ends fell off.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Not applicable

I had the exact same experience with WEN products as you did Q4u, however, I did not wait 6 mos. My hair started falling out right away so I discontinued it. I even had some sent to my daughter when I thought my initial uses were going to be OK and she had the problem with hair feeling weighed down, etc.

However, what I am writing for today is how I used up the extra WEN: I use it as shaving cream for legs and under my arms. It is thick, stays on well, pumps easily from the container with one hand and I have finally used it up!

Just a suggestion from "OregonCoaster"{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the great suggestions~!! I will find uses for the product until it's all used up!

In regards to your hair loss, this is what may have happened: your previous product was no longer gluing your hair together, so your ends fell off.

Thank you for the great laugh {#emotions_dlg.laugh}... seriously you're probably right!