Respected Contributor

Andrew FIBER product & a tip for those temped by Serious Skin Care

If you have tried Andrew's Fiber, is it really diff & work better than anything we can just buy at the grocery store? They ALL seem to bloat me and give me gas, I try taking even small amounts and working up and it still does it but I know I need/should be taking fiber.

RE: Serious Skin Care - If there are just a couple products you are "TEMPTED" by from their huge kits, PLEASE consider checking the items out on Ebay (No, I do not sell ANYTHING on Ebay) there are always a TON of product on there for dirt cheap and usually Free shipping! Just wanted to mention that to some that may be new to the line Smiley Happy

Happy Sunday Everyone!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Re: Andrew FIBER product & a tip for those temped by Serious Skin Care

I agree with the idea to check ebay first. There's always one or two things I want out of a kit which makes it a 'no go' for me. I check there and almost always find what I'm looking for. Great tip for those who haven't already checked out ebay!!

Trusted Contributor

I like Andrew Lessman's fiber, but it has the same ingredient that you can buy at the store. If other fiber gives you gas, I wouldn't thinks this would be different.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

On 11/9/2014 MarieIG said:

I like Andrew Lessman's fiber, but it has the same ingredient that you can buy at the store. If other fiber gives you gas, I wouldn't thinks this would be different.

Thank you! Its the Psyllium or however you spell it, even if I start slow, I end up getting bloated and gassy even though I drink about 90oz of water a day it still seems to have the opposite effect on me! urg

Respected Contributor

Sandgirl, perhaps another form of fiber would agree with you. Ground flax seeds contain fiber that might be easier on your digestive system. I have been using flax in my morning protein drink and it has never caused me any problems.

You can buy already ground flax or grind the seeds yourself. The whole seeds do not require refrigeration but once ground, any unused flax does need refrigeration.

Valued Contributor

I agree with Montana about the flaxseed. I use it in my smoothies every morning. I buy the bag of flaxseed from the grocery store and I have a small coffee bean grinder I use just for the flaxseed. I grind enough for about a few weeks. I keep it in a cleaned out salsa jar. The jar has a wide mouth and a screw top so that works well. Any jar with a lid will do. I keep this in the refrigerator.

Respected Contributor

On 11/9/2014 Montana said:

Sandgirl, perhaps another form of fiber would agree with you. Ground flax seeds contain fiber that might be easier on your digestive system. I have been using flax in my morning protein drink and it has never caused me any problems.

You can buy already ground flax or grind the seeds yourself. The whole seeds do not require refrigeration but once ground, any unused flax does need refrigeration.

Thank you. I do use 1 tablespoon flax in the 1/3 cup of oatmeal I eat each morning. It doesn't seem to do anything for me for regularity. I don't know if I should take more? I have ground Chia Seeds but I swear those turn to rocks in my colon and I drink 90oz++ of water plus tea and such each day. I swear I feel like nothing works on me & I really need my colon to move more than once or twice (if I am lucky) per week Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Can you eat wheat products?

How about adding a couple tablespoons of wheat germ & nuts to your cereal

Trusted Contributor

This is going to sound strange but I'll throw it out there because it works so well for me. Can't remember why exactly I began drinking this but read about it so thought I'd try it. In a two quart container slice two lemons, a sliced peeled medium cucumber and mint leaves for flavor. The original recipe calls for about 10 leaves but I use a lot more. Fill with water and let sit in fridge over night. I drink at least a 12oz glass daily and man does it keep me regular. It lasts me about 3-4 days and I always have another container ready to go as I finish the one. Until you get used to it, it's a bit of a pain picking up the fresh veggies every 3 days but so worth it for me. As I said I cant remember if this is why I began drinking this but so glad I did. The cucumber and lemon are for digestion so that is probably why I began. I had to be out of town for a couple of months where I couldn't make my water and I stopped up fast. It took me about 4-5 days of drinking it once I got back to get back on track. I especially like drinking it after I work out because it is so refreshing. Funny thing too is that just a regular 12oz of water would make me feel bloated but this never does. I put two tablespoons of flax in my oatmeal daily and that has never helped my digestion. Might be worth a try.
Respected Contributor

On 11/9/2014 Sadiesadie said: This is going to sound strange but I'll throw it out there because it works so well for me. Can't remember why exactly I began drinking this but read about it so thought I'd try it. In a two quart container slice two lemons, a sliced peeled medium cucumber and mint leaves for flavor. The original recipe calls for about 10 leaves but I use a lot more. Fill with water and let sit in fridge over night. I drink at least a 12oz glass daily and man does it keep me regular. It lasts me about 3-4 days and I always have another container ready to go as I finish the one. Until you get used to it, it's a bit of a pain picking up the fresh veggies every 3 days but so worth it for me. As I said I cant remember if this is why I began drinking this but so glad I did. The cucumber and lemon are for digestion so that is probably why I began. I had to be out of town for a couple of months where I couldn't make my water and I stopped up fast. It took me about 4-5 days of drinking it once I got back to get back on track. I especially like drinking it after I work out because it is so refreshing. Funny thing too is that just a regular 12oz of water would make me feel bloated but this never does. I put two tablespoons of flax in my oatmeal daily and that has never helped my digestion. Might be worth a try.

Thank you!! I love Lemons & I love Cucumber & Mint so hey, I'll give it a try, I'll pick it up tomorrow on my lunch, it's worth a try and sounds refreshing! I appreciate you taking the time to type this out, really - THank yoU!