Super Contributor
It looks ugly and everybody tells me how good it looks! I wish people would just not say anything at all!
Honored Contributor

It probably is cute! I had my hair cut shorter than normal last time and when i would see myself in the mirror for a moment I did not recognize myself! Just give it time and I bet in a couple of weeks you will like it...

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry you are hating your new haircut. It will grow out, but I know it doesn't seem like it right now. I am sure it is not as bad as how you feel it looks, but just not being happy about it a bummer. I hope you can adjust to it, maybe find out some techniques to help. In the meantime, perhaps you can draw more attention to your eyes. I find that when I have had my hair cut too short, I have to play up my eyes more.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the pixie cuts. I bet it looks really cute, you just aren't used to it. I hate my hair any time I get it cut shorter than normal until I get used to it.

Honored Contributor

I got the Jennifer Lawrence cut about 6 months ago.

Give it some time...you might come to like it!

Respected Contributor
Well I have rarely seen an ugly pixie cut....I wear one in some version all the time. I love them. May I ask what about it looks ugly to you? Sometimes it's about styling ,or product,or even changing the part to the other side.Maybe a cute bobby pin on the side? . Plus I changed my makeup when I started wearing a pixie. What celeb cut does it most resemble? And mom to dogs is so right on... it's an adjustment. I'm getting a New pixie cut Tuesday. I hope you will find some peace about it.
Respected Contributor

Awe, Pinkroses. Sorry you aren't liking your new cut. Have you had a few days to "play" with it? I realize a pixie cut is very short, but with certain hair products, you might be able to style it a bit differently. Also, I don't know if you've considered it, but highlights or lowlights might help you to like it a little more. I remember the very first time I had my hair cut short - I went from really long hair to super, super short hair. I should have gradually gone shorter, but I really had my mind set on the cut (I was in college at the time, and was more impulsive than now!). My hair was practically a pixie, but the top layers were a bit longer. I hated it, and didn't want to leave the house. In a few weeks, I started to not hate it so much because it grew out a tiny bit, and I also got highlights. The highlights really helped because although I'm a natural blonde, my hair is naturally darker underneath, and with the super short cut, my hair looked much, much darker overall than before. You can also try out cute barrettes, hair pins, head bands, etc. There are a lot of cute hair accessories out there. It might not make you suddenly love your pixie, but you might like it a bit more.

Here's a Pinterest page devoted to pixie hair accessories that might give you some ideas: http://www.pinterest.com/explore/pixie-hair-accessories/

If you haven't already, you can try YouTube for different ways to style a pixie cut. I did a quick google search for videos, and haven't watched any of them, but here's the link if you want to take a look:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hair+accessories+for+pixie+haircut&es_sm=93&biw=931&bih=585&source=l...

Hang in there! :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

p.s. After looking more closely at the Pinterest page, I realize my super short hair cut was actually shorter than most of the pixie cuts on Pinterest! In my previous post, I described my cut as having a bit longer layers on top, as I was comparing mine to some of the really short pixie cuts I've seen. I don't know how long your pixie layers are, but if I could survive my pixie cut, anyone can. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

It will grow out soon.

Honored Contributor

My hair has been in a shorter or longer pixie for many years now. My hair is very fine and perfectly straight. The entire secret to wearing a pixie is finding a stylist who doesn't make it look like a man's haircut. I wash mine daily then blow it dry with a dryer that has a 1 1/2" brush so my hair does pick up some shape as it dries. Then a tiny bit of mousse (i don't like styling mud type things) and I can pull it into place with the sides forward and the top parted to the side and finger combed. With modern styles and a short cut you have to let go of the idea of using a comb. Fingers do a much better job of showing off the various layers and the piecey uneven finish.

My layers are about 3"long on top, but my bangs are longer - just above my brows.

I thought all those accessories would be cute on a young woman but not for someone who is mature.