Super Contributor

If your schedule and budget allowed, would you apply skincare more than 2x day?

I'm off work last and this week and am doing a lot of housework and needed to shower and change and everything several times a day due to heavy duty chores. I started thinking about the standard instructions of 2x day applications for most skincare, and figure it's because the majority of us work or are otherwise occupied all day and only have time to cleanse and apply product 2x day. But what if you didn't work and you had time and opportunity to re-do your face as often as you wanted during the day. Would we see more/faster/better results from our skincare routines? For several days in a row, I've cleansed and re-applied skincare and it felt so wonderful to treat my skin more than 2x day. Just wondering if anyone has a routine that's more than 2x day and if they see more/better results because of it?

Honored Contributor

Re: If your schedule and budget allowed, would you apply skincare more than 2x day?

No way!

I think it would irritate more than soothe my skin.

Honored Contributor

Re: If your schedule and budget allowed, would you apply skincare more than 2x day?

I wouldn't stop to do that...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

No. That would be too irritating for my skin. But everyone's skin is different. For example, my skin looks best when I cleanse and apply products once a day. Twice a day makes my skin look worse. If applying skincare more than 2x a day agrees with your skin, why not keep doing it. Do what works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

What lolakimono said

It might do more harm than good.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

No-one I have to agree with Montana. For the majority of skin care, they are formulated with pharmacologic grade ingredients: more is not necessarily better and could certainly cause problems....it depends on what the product is. For example, you could probably apply a moisturizer such as Olay all day with no problems, but if it was a product with exfoliating ingredients, or calculates, not a good idea. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

No-one I have to agree with Montana. For the majority of skin care, they are formulated with pharmacologic grade ingredients: more is not necessarily better and could certainly cause problems....it depends on what the product is. For example, you could probably apply a moisturizer such as Olay all day with no problems, but if it was a product with exfoliating ingredients, or calculates, not a good idea. Poodlepet
Super Contributor

Only thing I need to apply more than once a day is hand cream - in the morning and before bed.

Super Contributor

No.

Super Contributor

I didn't mean things like retinoids or retinols which would cause irritation, or other things that would be harmful if applied too often. I meant moisturizers, antioxidants and other things that wouldn't cause irritation.