New Contributor

I always had great long & thick eyelashes but unfortunately age is beginning to rear its ugly (sparse) head. I have always worn a drug store brand mascara but as their prices rise I have been tempted to try Mally brand but it has such mixed reviews from great to clumpy gloppy messes. Also It cosmetic seems to have a good one tho its more expensive. Any recommendations?

Respected Contributor

Re: Mascara suggestions PLEASE

I've been using Mally (white tube) for a few years and it's my go to. It's the only mascara that works for me, it does everything she says. I only need one coat. No clumping, smearing, flaking, etc. It's perfect for me. You can always return it if you don't like it.

Everyone will have an opinion on mascaras. I think you just need to try them and see what works best for you. Not everyone agrees on everything.

Contributor

I love IT Cosmetics "Hello Lashes". Have been using it for over a year, and have only praise. And the best part? IT Cosmetics are cruelty free - not tested on animals.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

DHC Skincare (find them online) makes a really good lengthening one. It's about $15. Gabriel Cosmetics makes a great thickening one, also about $15. You can find them online, or stores like Whole Foods sell the line. Those are the two I use.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I really like ClumpCrusher or Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro Glam. I need the waterproof version because I live in a high humidity area. The non-waterproof version of the Retro Glam was terrible for me and left huge smears under my eyes on a very humid night, but the waterproof version is great.

Clinique also makes great mascaras and they're very affordable for department store mascaras.

I liked the Mally Mascara, but it tended to flake on me, which I don't like. I did not find it to be clumpy, just flakey.

Valued Contributor

If you are concerned about mascara smudging or smearing under your eyes I recommend Kevin Aucoin's curling mascara from Nordstrom's. It's the only one that gives me great lashes, never ends up in my under eye area and rinses off with water. It's the tubular kind. S & H is free from Nordie's and they have the best customer service. A bit pricey but I've tried everything and this is the one I swear by.

Esteemed Contributor

Lancome Defincils

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

I love Mally's. Tarte and estee launder's sumptuous are a close second.
Honored Contributor

I have been using almay's mascara (the one that goes with the color of your eyes). My are green/gray so I wear brown mascara. Estee Lauder has some really nice mascaras.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I do have mascara suggestions, but first I think that you should try the Physician Formulas Eye Liner+Booster Serum. I use the Dark Brown thick, marker type on (I have the black as well). Using the eye liner has definitely helped my lashes grow in healthier & thicker than they used to be. I also use the Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base under all of my mascaras. I noticed some difference in the health of my lashes with this, but the Eye Liner really made the most improvement.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara is one of the best mascaras I have ever used (& I have used a lot!). It is only $3 or so & it lengthens & thickens. No smudging. No smearing. I also like Mac False Lashes (Lengthening) & In Extreme Dimension (Thickening & lengthening).