Honored Contributor

Help! Need a good hand lotion that goes in and doesn't leave a residue!

Having been on Accutane for cystic acne I am always ultra dry. The skin on my hands actully hurts. What lotion can I use and won't leave a residue to get on jewelry and dark fabrics?

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Help! Need a good hand lotion that goes in and doesn't leave a residue!

I loved being on Accutane! My skin never looked so great being on it! Good luck with it. I had a few courses to get rid of my cystic acne.

Why not ask your MD who, I presume prescribed Accutane & is a derm? They would have the best advise.

I've used just about every OTC body/hand lotion, high & low price. Now I'm using Aveeno for eczema. It doesn't leave a film on your skin and is ok.

Don't buy Eucerin Daily Protection moisturizing body lotion!!! It is horrible! It leaves a horrible film on your skin. Feels greasy, creepy. L'occitane, while highly rated @ QVC, is not so great. Surgeons' hand lotion, leaves a waxy film on your hands. Basically one of those hand lotions that uses wax to cover/protect your skin.

Cetaphil is always recommended by derms & is ok.

Good luck.

Super Contributor

Hemp Hand Protector by The Body Shop. ULTA has testers of this and other hand creams and lotions you can test before you buy.

Soap & Glory Hand Food may work for you, Sephora has testers.

Applying shea butter or Vaseline at night and covering with cotton gloves or socks helps a lot. Burt's Bees Hand Salve, Beeswax and Banana Hand Cream, or Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream are all good. Another brand I use is J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve.

Regular Contributor

Try Perlier's Honey Meil. I love the imperial honey as well. It helps heal the hands and is non greasy. HSN

Regular Contributor

This is my favorite. I work in health care and wash my hands constantly. I love the texture. It's protective yet not greasy and leaves my hands so soft with a nice texture. Is $5.49 and a tube lasts a long time.
Super Contributor

Pacifica hand cream, it has become my favorite, especially the Tuscan Orange. Unlike any other hand cream I've tried. Makes my hands feel silky soft, not oily, greasy or sticky.

On sale @ Ulta.com

Respected Contributor

Carmex is great. I bought it at cvs. No residue.
Frequent Contributor

I've been using Josie Marans Hand Cream. It doesn't leave any greasy residue on me + it works well for me.

Frequent Contributor

One of my favorites is the Visibly Fit lotion from Mary Kay. You will love it. It moisturizes but leaves no residue or greasy which I don't like at all. If it has a fragrance it is very faint if I don't smell it which is I smell things if there is a smell at all.

Trusted Contributor

Have you thought of adding a drop or two of oil to your moisturizer?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*