Respected Contributor

Scents and Common Sense November Thread BBBRRRR!

Hi all, and welcome to the beginning of wintry weather. I will try to talk up the season. Let's see, hot chocolate, frosty windows, new shows starting? Short list, not a fan of cold short days, but everyone is welcome to come spread cheer if they can. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: Scents and Common Sense November Thread BBBRRRR!

Desi, still on the fence with that set of 15 Tarte lip glosses color, only 1 review is posted but she likes them but only that one so? No, shouldn't keep ordering like money isn't a problem, is for almost everyone today that's for sure and we are certainly no exception especially now that he isn't working and with all these medical bills coming in. I think I order just to feel better, while ordering and when it comes anyway. Right now I get depressed with all that is going on but of course wouldn't tell him and won't let on so, order something but shouldn't really.

Same weather here and not looking forward to winter that's for sure. I think the snow will by pass us and go 30 miles north of us which it usually does this early but we have already had snow in October so, wouldn't be a first being this is now November huh, wow, November.

Karmuda, I do the same, ask what someone is wearing when I like their scent and is how I first found ET white diamonds to start with and is the one I get the most compliments on as well. I haven't sniffed Joyful, only Joy. Is Joy anything like Joyful?

Super Contributor

You want to ""talk up"" the season ? I've never heard such a phrase. You must be from the north. Could you explain why it needs to be ""talked up"" ?????

Contributor

G. Morning everyone!

Cool for us, in the 60's for the next few days, and overcast...love days like this because they're so rare here. (southwest)

doglover, I can't quite remember exactly what Joy smells like, but Joyful is just basically a floral. I find it comforting/soothing in a way. I do like heavier, spicy scents also. just varies from day to day.

I heard that today is supposed to be a big shopping day as far as sales go, sort of like black Friday?...said on the news that 'they're' starting early this year to boost sales. Don't expect to go to any major stores, so I'm safe! lol

Have a nice Saturday!

This if my first time editing a post, hope it works...smeling my sample now, Joyful is probably consdered a summer scent, but it's a bright and 'uplifting' scent. (to my nose)

Contributor

lennox, you've never heard of 'talking up' something? It's not a north, south, east, or west, phrase. In this case, November can be bitter cold, snowstorms...just bad weather in general. (yes, SOME may like it) So talking up a negative thing, means to "promote or speak in support of something, to be enthuiastic."

So that would be in this case as mentioned, the positives...hot chocolate, frosty windows, new TV shows...and I'll add nice warm blankets, & cooking cold-weather food.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, glad you found the new thread. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Doglover, if you are in doubt, probably best to return the lip set. There will always be others.

I ask people what scent they are wearing as well if I like it. They are always flattered and you sometimes discover a great new scent that way.

Ordering is fun and uplifting. The advertising people know that and gear ads to get us to purchase. Unfortunately for us, it works!

Kamuda, glad you don't get miserable winters. It's raining and cold but we will probably escape the snow for now.

Thanks so much for kindly explaining the term I used. Better than I would have.

I just cut my thumb a little while ago very badly with a scissor. I think I should just keep kids scissors around, I am dangerous to myself! Hoping it won't need stitches, think I will be okay. So, typing is a challenge and I was trying not to use my right hand - guess I have to now.

Contributor

Desi, you're welcome.

Do you have any butterfly closures? (then again, they don't always work) Is there any Urgent Care close by?...maybe (who knows) it would be quicker than sitting in the E.R ? Hopefully it will close up on its own....let's hope.

I agree, it's nice to order/buy things we like....I'll tell myself that it's my little reward, then I think...reward for what?!!! lol

Respected Contributor

Kamuda, I don't have butterfly band-aids but probably should since I seem to be accident-prone. I think it will be okay, not going to take off the 3 layers of band-aids until after I shower tonight. I need to stay away from sharp objects! Thanks for the advice, Urgent Care might work for a look-see but if it needed stitches I think they'd send you to the ER?

Little gifts coming is one reason I still get IPSY. I don't deserve treats either but that isn't stopping me.

Contributor

Not sure, but either way you'll be in a waiting room with people coughing and sneezing..not good, so hopefully it will heal on its own.

Hi to everyone else!

Respected Contributor

Kamuda, lol, I am a germaphobe too! Hate being trapped anywhere that I can't immediately vamoose if people are coughing and sneezing near-by. All those warnings to cough and sneeze into your arm seem to go unheeded.