Honored Contributor

60's Ladies........Come Join Us For November!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies........Come Join Us For November!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
~H~
Super Contributor

What beautiful pictures and certainly a lovely way to start the month! Thank you Helen. No matter what or how trying times may be, there is always something we can find to be thankful for.

Happy November everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies, Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. We actually had light snow in the air earlier but it did not last.

Helen, Love "My Pillows" -- I never slept so soundly. I felt refreshed in the morning. I actually ordered the medium pillows but I wear over a size .large and should have ordered firm but I do not like firm pillows. I never heard of people ordering pillows according to size and I believe that has now changed with his newer pillows.

I am baking Pumpkin Cranberry bread either later tonight or early tomorrow. Taking to Bingo for my Bingo Buddies. I use fresh cranberries. The bread is so moist. I will share the recipe in another thread so hold on.

Have a lovely evening, Ladies.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Pumpkin Cranberry Bread (Makes 2 9x5 loaves or 5 mini-loaves) 350 oven

3 cups flour; 1 T plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice; 2 t baking soda; 1-1/2 t salt; 3 cups sugar; 1 can Libby's 100% pure pumpkin 15 oz. can; 4 large eggs; 1 c veg. oil; 1/2 c orange juice or water; 1 c fresh, frozen or dried cranberries.

Grease & flour pans

Combine: flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda & salt in large bowl.

Combine: sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and orange juice in large bowl and beat until blended. add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and mix together. Fold in Cranberries.

Bake 60 to 65 minutes 9 x 5 in. loaf pans or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 min.

For Mini-loaves bake 50 to 55 minutes.

This bread is delicious & extremely moist. Enjoy.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Can you believe we've already had our first Trick or Treaters! It's barely dark; I guess parents want to get out early! Anyway, thought I'd take a break.....

KAT, I'm so glad you love your pillows! Like I said, I got the firm and for me, they're perfect. My DH got, I think the medium; I prefer mine. I didn't know anything about ordering by size, but that could be something new. I LOVE Pumpkin Bread, sounds so good with cranberries (yum!) thank you for the recipe!

Hi SHORELADY! I couldn't agree more....there's always something to be thankful for! I know I feel blessed and thankful for all the great friends I've made here; old friends and new! I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Uh oh!, there's the doorbell....I think DH has it, but I need to run. I posted a note on our October thread just in case someone missed the new. I'll be busy tomorrow with family, so I'll try and be back sometime in the evening.

~H~
Contributor

Good Evening.

No trick or treaters for me either, Kat and Fancy. Even though my condo's aren't specifically for the over 55er's, there are quite a few of us geezers here. LOL

I was on vacation again today. I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I save enough vacations days in order to take Fridays off from October through December. Love my three day weekends!

Our weather is finally showing signs of Fall. Today was nice, mid 70's and low humidity. I got all of my errands done today because tomorrow is supposed to be spectacular! Low tonight is low 50's and high tomorrow is low to mid 60's with blue skies and sunshine. Just can't get any better. Not sure what my plans are yet. But I will definitely have the windows open.

One thing I will do tomorrow is make some pumpkin bread. Kat, I love cranberries, so I will have to try your recipe soon.

Corismom - so happy to hear that your are at home. Take care and Happy Belated Birthday.

Helen - enjoy the time with your family tomorrow. What kind of cake are you baking for your sister?

Hayfield - your weekend sounds perfect. Enjoy.

Kat - my UPS guy has delivered as late as 8:00pm. Then again, sometimes it's 2:00 in the afternoon. Our post office is the same way. Last night, they delivered a package at 7:00pm. It was a Steel By Design necklace from QVC. Very nice; first piece I've ordered from that brand.

To ALL of our friends, have a good first weekend of November. Remember to Fall Back tomorrow night.

Honored Contributor

trick or treater emoticonHappy Halloween everyone.......and welcome to November!

Helen & Mochahoney, you are always kind enough to ask after me and I wanted to let you know my next surgery date has been set for November 10th.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Puddles, I did not know you are having surgery. I hope everything is okay for you. I wish you a speedy recovery after surgery. Take care.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Good Saturday morning everyone.

MOCHA: Best wishes to you, your DH and your daughter on this her wedding day.

PUDDLES: Best of luck with your surgery. I know you'll be glad when it is over so you can enjoy the holidays with your family.

KAT: Your Pumpkin Cranberry Bread sounds so good! Can't wait to try it!

HELEN: Enjoy your time with your sister and family.

We had no trick or treaters last night. There are not many children in our neighborhood, but usually we have a few. Glad I didn't buy any extra candy!

Today is supposed to be wonderful here. About 60 degrees (my favorite temperature) with low humidity. I think it got down to close to 40 last night. But, alas, the cooler weather is not suppose to last- up close to 80 by middle of next week.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, and are enjoying beautiful fall weather wherever you are.

Cindy