Respected Contributor

Buying skin care from ebay??

If a seller has a 100% feedback and the skin cream will come boxed at a substantial discount from the original price, is it safe to believe that it is the real thing? I am just skeptical and wonder if the products are old? Thanks for your input.

Super Contributor

Re: Buying skin care from ebay??

Buy all the time. Never gotten anything not real.
Esteemed Contributor

I buy a lot of my Wen from eBay. I love it as an option, especially when QVC is backordered or GR doesn't offer something.

If I were buying skincare from eBay, I would ask the seller where they got it from.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

As long as you've done your due diligence in checking feedback and thoroughly reading the listing text, it should be fine. The only other thing you could do is to message the seller and ask if there's an expiration date on the package. I've successfully purchased a number of skincare items via eBay.

Honored Contributor

yes--email the seller with your questions. I do this all the time and I buy alot from ebay. the sellers appreciate it too.

Honored Contributor

Been buying mostly all my skin care on ebay for last 10 years!!! if you ever have an issue, seller usually is quite cooperative, if not you are automatically insured with Pay Pal, go for it!!!

Valued Contributor

I always buy on ebay! I've been 100% happy. As you said, check the seller's rating, and buy from a good company. I even buy my perfume online, at less than half-price.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy all the time and always look for 100% feedback.

If you want to try something new without the $ investment look for gwp or travel sizes.

I'm a casual ebay seller but I've often sold gwp's that just won't work for me. Always new and unopened.

Stash that little bit of cash aside on PayPal and use it when I need it.

Respected Contributor

I don't buy from ebay often but if the seller has a good rating I would definitely buy the item. I would imagine that for some sellers it is their primary income and others just sell extra items that they don't really need.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it.