Occasional Contributor

Any natural/organic soap users here?

I am 50 years old have just started using natural soap on my face, a clarifying bar and a mud/salt bar. I just can't believe how much this has helped my pores and softness of my skin. Why didnt I discover this years ago? I actually look forward to washing my face now! I just kind of stumbled on these as well, I was looking for a good Peppermint scented soap, just love peppermint soap in the winter. The person I ordered from (ETSY) included samples of the facial soap in with my order. Does anyone else have any experience with natural soaps....kind of obsessed now {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any natural/organic soap users here?

I do. A friend of my daughter's makes them and I use it on my face and and bath too, and it makes my skin so soft, I also use a natural moisturizer for my face that has Vit. A and E and it's called "Kiss My Face" get it at a food co-op.

Honored Contributor

I like the organic soaps from Salus Soap. I also like homemade goats milk soap from homesteaders6 on EBay also L'Occitane soaps. I got 2 boxed sets of those last Christmas.

Valued Contributor

I stopped using "mainstream" soap and shampoos years ago, concerned about the ingredients. I can always find "small batch" home soap makers at our country fairs, etc., or at our farm market. I get my shampoo online from Aubrey Organics.

Good for you! I love pure soap; its so soft and really worth seeking out.

Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 65and fabulous said:

I stopped using "mainstream" soap and shampoos years ago, concerned about the ingredients. I can always find "small batch" home soap makers at our country fairs, etc., or at our farm market. I get my shampoo online from Aubrey Organics.

Good for you! I love pure soap; its so soft and really worth seeking out.

ITA!

Some are trial and error, I've tried some pure castle soaps that I found to be rather drying. I like the glycerine based bar soaps and the body washes that I have. No more dry skin!

Honored Contributor

I use goat's milk bar soap by Zum for my hands. The reason I use it is because it does NOT dry your skin. They also carry a face soap and offer peppermint scented during the holidays (essential oils). The soaps are scented with essential oils. Great product.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Buttermilk soap is rich and soft!

A friend of mine raises goats and makes cheese AND soap! Very few ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

Another goats' milk soap user here. I converted my hubby from Safeguard to goats' milk soap and he tells me when he's running low. We still have two old bards of Safeguard but I guess he doesn't want to run out of the goats' milk!

KJPA
Regular Contributor

I absolutely love Rejuva Minerals 85% organic facial soap bar. I use this in the shower in place of shower gel and I'm so obsessed with it, that I threw out all my hand soaps/dispensers for my kitchen and bath sinks and replaced it with bars of this soap. It does such a good job cleaning yet leaves my skin sooooo soft. It has bits of oats in that is a great gentle exfoliant.

P.S. If I didn't have rosacea I would use this on my face too. I did use it for quite awhile on my face and it didn't aggravate my rosacea but once I found Paulas Choice products for rosacea it cleared it up so I need to stick with Paulas Choice but just for my face. If you have normal skin on your face you should check this out.

Respected Contributor

This question is for all:

Where do you get your soaps and from what seller on etsy, ebay....?