Honored Contributor

Anyone try Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura oil products?

Either the body wash, shampoo and/or conditioner? Sounds nice and I am obsessed with honey in hair products now. Although oddly I don't see the actual honey in the shampoo ingredients even though the label says it contains it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone try Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura oil products?

According to this article on naturallycurly.com, it's a limited edition line of products. Interestingly, when I checked each one under product reviews on that site and clicked on "ingredients," it doesn't give the usual list but instead a blurb.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/sheamoistures-new-line-is-for-a-good-cause/

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thanks Suzy. I was at Target and that is where I first saw it. I read the shampoo label a million times and it kept saying manuka honey but there was none in the ingredient list! The conditioner had it, just not the shampoo. Nothing on the label said anything about it being limited edition either so that is good to know.

Respected Contributor

Saw the ad in Allure today and it grabbed my attention. Irritating that the ingredient is really only in the conditioner. I sort of expected better of Shea Moisture for some reason. Where in the deck is the honey in the conditioner?
Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 BellaCarro said: Saw the ad in Allure today and it grabbed my attention. Irritating that the ingredient is really only in the conditioner. I sort of expected better of Shea Moisture for some reason. Where in the deck is the honey in the conditioner?

yeah a little "key ingredients" box says it contains the manuka honey but it clearly doesn't. If Target had had the body wash, I would have picked it up. Still cannot find ingredients for it. Here is the list of ingredients for the shampoo, conditioner and hair mask:

http://confessionsofablogvixen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/shea-moisture-manuka-mafura-ingredient...

"fragrance essential oil blend" may not be good for me either.

Honored Contributor

It's only available at Target. I was checking it out yesterday. Since it's limited I doubt I will try it. I will like it & not be able to get it. We don't have a Target here either. I looked for the ingredients in the shampoo but did not find them. Need to look some more. I did read where it said the honey in the shampoo is listed as honey not manuka honey. I doubt any of the products have manuka honey in them. They would cost more money since manuka honey is expensive.

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Nightowlz said:

It's only available at Target. I was checking it out yesterday. Since it's limited I doubt I will try it. I will like it & not be able to get it. We don't have a Target here either. I looked for the ingredients in the shampoo but did not find them. Need to look some more. I did read where it said the honey in the shampoo is listed as honey not manuka honey. I doubt any of the products have manuka honey in them. They would cost more money since manuka honey is expensive.

I posted the link to where you can see the ingredients. Not even "honey" is listed in the ingredient list for the shampoo. It doesn't contain honey at all, of any kind. WEN's summer honey peach contains manuka honey and it is EXCELLENT!

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

I posted the link to where you can see the ingredients. Not even "honey" is listed in the ingredient list for the shampoo. It doesn't contain honey at all, of any kind. WEN's summer honey peach contains manuka honey and it is EXCELLENT!

That's strange there is no honey. Anyways we can see the ingredients does just say honey & not manuka honey. I paid about $30 for a jar of organic manuka honey.

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

That's strange there is no honey. Anyways we can see the ingredients does just say honey & not manuka honey. I paid about $30 for a jar of organic manuka honey.

right but the name of the product says "manuka honey" and the back label states it is manuka honey. I am thinking perhaps it is a honey mix, some manuka with other honeys?

I got some manuka honey from trader joes and I think it was about $8. I saw the similar jar at Whole foods for about three times as much!

Honored Contributor

I can't vouch for the accuracy of that article on naturallycurly.com about this being a LE. At the end, she says that she "heard" it was a LE.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland