Trusted Contributor
I love glitter nail polish,but hate it when it's time to take it off. A girl at Ulta told me about an OPI product called Glitter Off. It's a basecoat thing. Youtube has a video where Elmer's glue can be mixed to simulate the OPI product. Anyone ever try either of these methods? I want my glitter for the holidays! Thx.
Trusted Contributor

Haven't tried the OPI product or Elmer's glue, but I have used the method where you put a nail polish remover soaked cotton ball on your nail and wrap it in a small piece of aluminum foil. Leave it on for a few minutes, and all the polish (including glitter) slides right off. I wouldn't buy anything special or mess around with the glue, but that's me. If you end up doing either, let us know what you think.

Honored Contributor

I had a manicure this morning with OPI Glitter Off base coat. It was recommended by our dear polish expert, Lola.

This was the first time my girl used this base coat.

Trusted Contributor
I ordered a bottle. Watched the Youtube video and looks worth a try. Didn't seem to dry out nails like soaking in acetone does. We'll see.
Respected Contributor
Oh use elmers glue a lot for glitter polish. It peels off so easily. I'm gonna check out the opi glitter off.Never heard of it but I think it would be worth a try.
Esteemed Contributor
On 10/30/2014 Vamp said:

Haven't tried the OPI product or Elmer's glue, but I have used the method where you put a nail polish remover soaked cotton ball on your nail and wrap it in a small piece of aluminum foil. Leave it on for a few minutes, and all the polish (including glitter) slides right off. I wouldn't buy anything special or mess around with the glue, but that's me. If you end up doing either, let us know what you think.

That's what I do too. It works really well. I don't hesitate to use glitter polish at all.

Kiss

Trusted Contributor
I got pure acetone (the moisturizing one one in the pink bottle at Sally's) and everything comes right off.
Honored Contributor

An update on my manicure:

Be sure the Glitter Off is COMPLETELY dry before you use polish over it. One of my nails, I thought, had a wet spot when my girl polished over it. The tip never really dried properly and started to peel. I decided to do that nail over myself. The good news is, the base coat and glitter did peel right off.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

i'd rather get it done by a professional.. get my nails done every 2 weeks, to me it's worth it

Honored Contributor
On 10/30/2014 birkin baby said: Oh use elmers glue a lot for glitter polish. It peels off so easily. I'm gonna check out the opi glitter off.Never heard of it but I think it would be worth a try.

Don't do it! If Elmer's glue works for you, why pay $9 for less of it in a nail polish bottle. Just take an empty polish bottle and clean the bottle and brush with acetone, then pour the white glue in the polish bottle. Add a few drops of water if it needs thinning. Now you've got the glue with a brush and didn't spend $9 on it. Heck, you can even buy a $1 Wet N Wild clear polish, dump that out and clean the bottle and brush with acetone and add the glue to that for less than the OPI.

Here is a comparison video.