Honored Contributor

Anyone ever use one of these? The only con I can see is it decomposes since it's made from vegetable fibers from the Konjac root & has to be replaced every 4-5 wks. They have 6 different ones. These are made in Japan. There are cheaper copies made in China & S. Korea. They also have a bath sponge. $11.50 - $13.90 free shipping.

Benefits of the Japanese Konjac Sponge:
Thoroughly cleanses skin pores
Removes dead skin cells, blackheads, dirt & oil
Hydrates skin & balances pH
Eliminates excess sebum
Gently exfoliates skin
100% natural, sustainable & bio-degradable
No toxic & harmful chemicals
Animal & cruelty free
GMO Free
Excellent for all skin types including sensitive skin
Suitable for everyone from babies, women and men

Super Contributor

Re: The Japanese Konjac Sponge

Yes, I have been using these for about a month. I use them in the morning or when I don't have on a lot of makeup, otherwise, I alternate with my Clarisonic. I found that when I was using my Clarisonic twice a day I was aggravating my skin.

Since I began using these and Josie Maran's Cleansing Oil, my skin feels baby soft and the red/dryness is almost completely gone.

HTH

Trusted Contributor

They sound interesting and recently I saw these mentioned online. Any suggestions as to the best place to purchase them?

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've had two. The first one (Boscia) was expensive and got moldy after about 6 weeks, despite my always leaving it to hang dry outside the shower. It was plain - not infused with clay or charcoal, as some are. The second one I bought at Whole Foods and it was about half the price of the Boscia sponge. (The Boscia was the first in the US and the price has dropped some now that others are available, but it's still too expensive.) I've had that for two months now and it's doing very well - no signs of mold at all. I use it in the shower and hang it there to dry. It's much thinner than the Boscia version, which is very fat, and dries much faster. I think the Boscia version didn't dry quickly enough and that's why it molded.

Honored Contributor

I just saw online Boscia makes one. Also found one made by Eco Tools at Target for $6. The Japanese Konjac Sponge site Amazon.ca have them about the same price. Amazon has free shipping on $35 & The Japanese Konjac Sponge site hass free shipping. I guess the difference in price in these comes from where I read not all Konjac sponges are equal. Think I will try one.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Nightowlz said:

I just saw online Boscia makes one. Also found one made by Eco Tools at Target for $6. The Japanese Konjac Sponge site Amazon.ca have them about the same price. Amazon has free shipping on $35 & The Japanese Konjac Sponge site hass free shipping. I guess the difference in price in these comes from where I read not all Konjac sponges are equal. Think I will try one.

Appeciate that info. I would like to try one too. Let us know what you think. I would suspect that there might be a difference in quality. Think I'll order from the Japanese site. Am sure Boscia's would also be good quality too as they are a reputable skincare company, imo.

Super Contributor

FYI, the Eco Tools sponge is made in Korea

Regular Contributor

I've ordered them from DrSponge, through OpenSky before at much better prices. I used the charcoal type, and though it felt nice and did get my face clean, I saw no reduction in pore size or blemish problems r.e. clogged pores, just from using it alone. I purposely stopped any acne products to test it, for well over eight weeks. I purchased the body size, just so that it would last longer. Had no problems with mildew by rinsing well and hanging to dry on towel rod or doorknob. Did not feel it was worth it (for me) to keep purchasing them, since I'm on a fixed income, and would ge better off just getting back on my Isomers Clear Skin Lotion. For better prices, also keep an eye on HauteLook, as they are on there sometimes. Also check drugstore.com and vitacost.com.
Trusted Contributor

I've never heard of them before this thread (Thanks--I learn so much from the beauty board!), so I had to look them up. I've been using microfiber cloths on my face as I am trying to cut down on products & chemicals. So far they've been great, and they are so easy to throw in the wash. Can you wash the konjac sponges?

Frequent Contributor

I've seen these on eBay for about $1.00 with free shipping. Anyone know if they are much different than a buff puff? I use a Buff Puff and I am happy with that.

CeeCee