Trusted Contributor

I was watching the other day and Chaz emphasized HOW much better your hair would look if you don't skimp on the pumps and use the recommended pumps.

Now to be honest , I'm a skimper, but i do have long hair, and am wondering if anyone saw a DRAMATIC difference when they used the suggested amount of pumps.

Super Contributor

Re: WEN- Chaz recommended pumps

Definitely saw a difference. At one time I decided using less would be just fine. It was ok for a while, then my hair gradually got more oily and the ends got dry. Within a month, I was back to the recommended pumps and saw an immediate improvement. If your hair is long, make sure to follow Chaz' demo to divide your hair into thirds - crown, mid-shaft and ends.

Respected Contributor

A lot of us have probably tried to skimp on the number of pumps, trying to stretch the product out a little...but it didn't work for me either!

Contributor

I remember when I first started using Wen, I skimped on the number of pumps because I just couldn't spend that much money for something that might last me a week.

When I decided to go back to shampoo, I used the recommended amount of pumps so I wouldn't just throw away the Wen (again, due to the cost) and I was hooked. My hair never looked so good.

That was back in the summer of 2010.

I've been back to Wen ever since.

Esteemed Contributor

When I let my hair grow longer , longer than it's been in decades of course my pumps increased and I actually used more than recommended and it became habit. I prefer to use a little more even though I cut my hair a few weeks ago.
Esteemed Contributor

I skimped when I ran low on a CC in the beginning. I don't remember the details, but it was bad enough for me to be very generous with the pumps.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I used to use less than the recommended pumps but my hair was super thin and if I used the ""right amount"" for my length my hair couldn't hold it. My hair has filled in quite a bit and now I use on the higher end for the # of pumps. My hair seems to drink it in now.
Honored Contributor

Yes, my hair doesn't get clean when I don't use enough pumps.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I am glad you girls find success with wen. It does nothing for my hair. I love the smells but my hair is so much better with regular shampoo. even if I use it as a conditioner only my hair looks horrible. I do love the oils tho.

Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 kcladyz said:

I am glad you girls find success with wen. It does nothing for my hair. I love the smells but my hair is so much better with regular shampoo. even if I use it as a conditioner only my hair looks horrible. I do love the oils tho.

yadda yadda.

But you also love the FGP CC and oh wait, the lavender. Oh wait though you also love the mousse- said it was the best mousse out there. And that using it as a conditioner only works beautifully on your hair. Tomorrow will be something different. And next week, something different as well.

We know. We get it. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}