Contributor

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a concealer that truly matches a very fair skin tone. Everything I try is too dark and far too pink/orange to look natural.

Thanks in advance!!

Super Contributor

I am fair and LOVE Maybelline's FitMe concealer in Fair (15).

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Concealer/fit-me-concealer.aspx

Frequent Contributor

I use Max Factor Erace 02-Fair, which I purchased on Amazon. I wonder if they have an 01-Fair, which might be even lighter? Also, for a foundation, I use Toni Brattin's Power Powder in her lightest shade, available on her website. If you use the accompanying sponge - dry - it covers like a concealer and it is a very fair color. Of course, I don't know if these would work for you, but I am very light-skinned and I have had success with them. I would also recommend going to the cosmetics department of a large store like Nordstrom, and having the salespeople match different shades to your skin from the large selection they have available. I hope you find something that works for you, Miss JuJu. I understand how difficult it can be to find the right shade.

Trusted Contributor

I like Estee Lauder..........I hope you can try some samples. It also depends on how dark your eyes are where you need to cover up. I use the Nuiv or something of Estee and it has two colors and sometimes I blend.

Esteemed Contributor

I have very fair, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies. I always have dark circles and puffiness under the eyes so this has been my "quest". I finally found Bobbi Brown's correct, conceal and seal system. It WORKS!!! It's fast. I was hesitate at first because I thought three steps...I want to get out the door quick. Not a problem with this one. The key to this system is the color of the corrector. This is what works on my fair skin. Most concealers are too yellow or brown and just make it worse for me. The other plus with BB is that a little goes a long way. It goes on smooth and stays smooth.

Frequent Contributor

I love Shiseido. I was always told I look tired but since I started using this concealer my dark circles are gone and all people say is that I look good! Its pricey but I'm staying with it.

Honored Contributor

Take a look at Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer. You can test out at Sephora or Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions! I really do appreciate the advice!

Valued Contributor
I really like Jose marans concealer stick. I have fair skin. I've tried laura Geller, mally, it, Bobbie brown, tart, and more...but I like Jose best.
Valued Contributor

Hi and Welcome juju,

I am very fickle when it comes to concealer and I switch up a lot between a few that I have in my stash. The first one that comes to mind that I really like is the IT Cosmetics BBUE. A tiny bit goes a looong way.

I like the ease of use of the stick-type concealers, though. And I just used up a tube of the Benefit Fake-Up concealers. It's in a tube and very moisturizing--has an inner core of moisture. This is not a "bullet-proof" concealer for me, however. And I can imagine that with its consistency it's not for others. But I like the color match.

I am fair with pinky tones (and Rosacea) so thanks for this thread! I'll get some new ideas.