Contributor

My friend has slight glocoma in one eye

so the doctor gave her a prescription for drops and he said they grow the lashes so use in the other eye even though you don't have glocoma in that eye. I wonder if my eye doctor will give me the drops even though I don't have glocoma? I know it sounds crazy but if it is ok to put in her good eye why would it hurt our good eyes? SO much cheaper than buying Latasse.

Honored Contributor

Re: My friend has slight glocoma in one eye

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I think you should ask him and see what he says

glaucoma

Respected Contributor

I don't think a good doctor would prescribe a prescription medicine when you don't have the condition or disease. If they did you'd still have to pay so how would it be cheaper?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Contributor

She said her cost was $15 but she has company insurance. If she can put it in her eye with no glaucoma then it should be ok to use. I have a conservative doctor so he will probably say no.

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 BlondeVenus said:

She said her cost was $15 but she has company insurance. If she can put it in her eye with no glaucoma then it should be ok to use. I have a conservative doctor so he will probably say no.

As he should

ETA prescribing for a condition you don't have might be insurance fraud

Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 jackthebear said:
On 10/29/2014 BlondeVenus said:

As he should

ETA prescribing for a condition you don't have might be insurance fraud

I was thinking that too, having insurance pay for something you don't need might be fraud.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Get a prescription for Latisse, that's what it is - the glaucoma drug. Be prepared to pay the full price for it though as you want to use it for cosmetic purposes, not medicinal.

Respected Contributor

RRR..............I would think a person of your devotion and piety would have the moral integrity not to commit fraud.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

My niece buys Latisse at her derm's office, no RX needed, she says the price is very good too.