Honored Contributor

New meaning for eau de Toilette

Late this afternoon I was reading around on these fun QVC forums when I heard Mr. Lily come home. I sprang into action do something with my hair so we could go out to our usual comfort food Tuesday night dinner, complete with Egg Lemon soup. It's been warmer and windy here in Chicagoland the past couple of days and I'm overdue for a haircut. My hair is curly, on the order of Jen Rade's and, when just colored, red like the model Kate's. Right now it's more strawberry blonde and big and curly. I opened my bathroom cabinet and grabbed what I thought was my WEN Pomegranate Replenishing Treatment Mist to simmer my hair down and started to spray. I'm staring into the mirror, spraying, and started smelling Lemon Bergamont instead...oh no, I sprayed my hair with Poo-Pourri!!! Of course Mr. Lily hears me laughing and then when he sees me, he says, were you using room freshener?? So he had to open the car windows on the way to the restaurant, and when we get there we fall inside, laughing, with the wind blowing my hair every which way. Our favorite waitress said, "Your hair!" She started fussing with the Poo Pourri side to help me and I was mortified! Anyway, I am just wondering if you ladies have done something strange, odd or unexpected with your beauty products...would love to read some funny stories! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Re: New meaning for eau de Toilette

Thanks for the laugh...I sure needed that today!

A long time ago when aerosol antiperspirants were around, my husband grabbed my hairspray instead.

Honored Contributor

I have washed my hair in de toilette.

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 SunnyRose said:

Thanks for the laugh...I sure needed that today!

A long time ago when aerosol antiperspirants were around, my husband grabbed my hairspray instead.

You're welcome, SunnyRose! Smile

Oh my for your husband with his sticky -- not stinky -- underarms that day!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 brewhaha said:

I have washed my hair in de toilette.

I was waiting for one of your one-liners, brewhaha...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

LOL!