Contributor

What is the best option for getting them healthy and strong??

Honored Contributor

When I removed my acrylics I used Nailtiques 2 and Barielle Liquid Protein.

Years later I use Nailtiques 2 as a base coat.

Honored Contributor

Duri Rejuvacote, and try taking at least 5000 mcg Biotin daily. CND Solar Oil is another good thing to try.

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Nailtiques #2!

Respected Contributor

I had horrible nails until I started using TIPS from the Q. Now they are long and I have to cut them with a nail cutter. I have tried the other items listed and none of them worked for me. I also take a multivitamin.

Honored Contributor

Butterfly 12, I could have written that post. I have discovered through trial and error I am extremely allergic to any nail polish or strengthener product. One use and my nails are shot for months. Only treatment oils work on me.

Respected Contributor

biotin works, after i stopped with gels they were brittle and i have been using it for 6 months

Respected Contributor

I've been taking Lessman's Hair, Skin & Nails supplement for almost 2 years, as well as using Nailtiques #2 & Solar Oil, with great results. However, I do think I'll switch to a drugstore brand of supplement when my supply of Lessman's is gone. (I'm trying to switch from mail-order to shopping locally.)

Honored Contributor

yes--biotin and the nailtiques 2. also rub the Tips protein stuff on my nails at night.

Esteemed Contributor

I finally got my nails healthy in the last few years. I had nice nails for a very long time and then they started to peel, split and break. My reason was all the medication that I have to take for allergies, etc. I tried so many products but I finally found what works for me:

T.I.P.S.---cuticle serum. Does wonders for the skin around the nail and replenishes the moisture back to the nail. I actually saw my nails grow with using this product.

A.S.K.--polish remover. This is the only polish remover that I found that does not dry out your nail or smell. I have so many allergies and trying to keep hydrated is an issue for me. There is no white residue left on your nail when you use this product. A little goes a long way so it really is cost efficient to use.

Perfect Formula-- gel coat. I will not go a day without this on my nails. It promotes healthy nails and growth, protects your nail bed and also gives the nail a fresh, healthy look.

Pro Strong nail polish---color polish. This is another layer of strengthening for my nails and some added color. This is the only color polish that I have found that does not chip or peel. My hands really take a beating with being in water, domestic chores, training puppies, etc. and I don't always wear gloves. This stays on for 7-10 days and looks good.

This may seem like quite a few products for one problem but this is what worked for me to get my nails healthy and keep them healthy. My nails were in the worse shape of my life with my medication. I use to be a hand model so I went from one end of the scale to the other. I now can alternate between the pink gel coat (Perfect Formula) and the Pro Strong (color polish) for my manicure. Start with any of these products and see if there is a difference in your nails. That's what I did. I found one and started using it and just added the others in as I discovered them. The best price that I found was on QVC.com.

Good Luck.