Trusted Contributor

Need Eye Serum That Actually Works

I have dark under eye circles, puffiness and the beginnings of fine lines. I need an eye cream or serum that will actually address these issues. I am tired of products that make a lot of promises and do nothing at all.

If you have come across a product that makes a difference, please share.

I have been using retin a for 20 years, and it doesn't do anything for my eyes.

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Eye Serum That Actually Works

I can't even remember how many eye creams I've experimented with, from drugstore varieties to more costly ones. The only one that's ever worked for me is Mad Hippie Eye Cream. Whatever you choose, look for the ingredients Haloxyl and Eyeliss. You can research them and you'll find they are what you need for dark circles and puffiness. In addition to those two, the MH Eye Cream has a lot of other really good ingredients. When I've strayed to experiment with other products, I'd lose whatever ground I'd already gained and puffiness would be there every morning. I'd get back on the MH Eye Cream and it would go away. So I rechecked the MH ingredients and looked them all up to remind myself why I tried it in the first place. That's how I rediscovered Haloxyl and Eyeliss, and how they work, not to mention the benefits of the Matryxil 3000, Regu-age, and other ingredients in the product.

Trusted Contributor

Jean Louise, May I ask the website for Mad Hippie?. What other products are you using for your face? Do you have any problems with slight wrinkles,many thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Elvis,

I have tried ever top line out there with no expense spared. Finally I watched Isomers shows and the founder of this scientifically developed line has lots of answers.

First of all your cleansers need to be PH balanced, many of the creams and serums out there cause the puffiness. Your should try the Isomers cleansers - ShopHQ has a special on 3 set. Then you need the Eye Peel enzyme follow with the All in one eye serum, the Eye lift or Vitamin C. She also sells a special Vitamin K serum. Her products are quality, pure and top of the line. They are for all and s. sensitive skin type.

Isomers is not a trending, cool silly type named vendor who grabs peoples attention with advertising.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't found a product that eliminates under eye circles but one by Isomers did help. R Pur for Eyes. Runs $35 and is sold at ShopHQ or at Isomers. Here's the product description:

What is it?

Targeted serum for the entire eye contour. For temperamental and mature skin.

Intensive - yet super lightweight. Boasting germinating soy, soy isoflavones, genistein and technological extracts to help transform the visible eye contour. For a tighter, brighter and younger-looking eye contour.

Who is it for?

Those with chronic under eye puffiness that is caused by a shift of the fat pad below the eye.

Why is it unique/different?

Formula targets entire eye contour and fat pads under the eye area

• Broad spectrum formula for the entire eye contour
  • Dark Circle
  • Fine Wrinkles
  • Eyelid Flaccidity
  • Puffiness
  • Lower Eyelid Fat Pads
  • Anti oxidant protection for brighter looking skin
  • Uses soy DNA to replenish mature skin.
  • Hydrating to sooth, dry, dehydrated and delicate skin sensitivity
  • Fragrance free, paraben free

Contains:

Pure extracts from Soy: Germinating Soy, Soy Isoflavones and Genistein, Phosphatidylcholine, Soy Symbiozomes

• Targets mature, temperamental, skin ages 45 and up
  • Dramatically helps reduce the look of visible skin damage
  • Improvement in skin lipid content: (supports ceramides)
  • Improvement in skin elasticity
  • Improvement in skin hydration
  • Decrease in skin roughness
  • Decrease in skin ruddiness
  • Wrinkle Smoothing
  • Anti oxidant protection – helps brighten the skin and even out color

Bio peptide CL™: Palmitoyl Oligopeptide

• Targets many aspects of skin wrinkles
  • Reduces visible wrinkle length and depth
  • Smooths skin surface
  • Alternative to Vitamin A without harmful side effects.
  • Firms the skin
  • Positive stimulant to the skin surface

Soy Sterols

Targets Skin Appearance:
  • Improvement in skin elasticity
  • Improvement in skin hydration
  • Decrease in skin roughness
  • Wrinkle Smoothing
  • Improvement in skin lipid content

Targets Collagen Renewal

• Formulation contains fibroblast messenger peptide to target collagen renewal

Haloxyl™

Helps reduce the look of dark circles to even out skin tone

EyeResolution™

Anti eye bag ingredients to help smooth out under eye contours

BioSkinup™ Contour

Targets dark circles and smooth out puffiness

Dedicated delivery system – “transdermal Q”

• Aids in penetration and product performance
  • Better skin care for younger looking skin

Liquid Crystal Olive Base

• Enhanced moisturizer and delivery system
  • Lamellar gel short and long term hydration
  • “Once a day application”
  • Keeps skin moist longer, excellent for dry skin
QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Regular Contributor

I agree with all of the above, and have used all of the above products, but found the best (and quickest) one for me for dark circles and puffiness together, is Skinn's Highlighten rollerball. I love and rely on Isomers Fast Eye Lift for keeping the outside corners from drooping. The enzyme mask is the bomb for keeping any milia away! R-pur never really did much for my needs, but definetely worth trying. If you have dark cicles with a sunken in look, Isomers Redensify eye is fabulous. Another excellent item for dark circles is Arnica oil! All of these do take time, so be patient, and good luck!
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 engineer said:

Jean Louise, May I ask the website for Mad Hippie?. What other products are you using for your face? Do you have any problems with slight wrinkles,many thanks

The website is madhippie dot com, but shop around (Amazon, drugstore dot com, Vitacost, eBay) for better prices than the MH website.

As for what other products I'm using on my face, are you interested in my entire routine or just a specific cleanser, toner, treatment product? I can tell you that at 57, my face doesn't give away my age. I have less wrinkles than women a lot younger than me.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 hopi said:

Elvis,

I have tried ever top line out there with no expense spared. Finally I watched Isomers shows and the founder of this scientifically developed line has lots of answers.

First of all your cleansers need to be PH balanced, many of the creams and serums out there cause the puffiness. Your should try the Isomers cleansers - ShopHQ has a special on 3 set. Then you need the Eye Peel enzyme follow with the All in one eye serum, the Eye lift or Vitamin C. She also sells a special Vitamin K serum. Her products are quality, pure and top of the line. They are for all and s. sensitive skin type.

Isomers is not a trending, cool silly type named vendor who grabs peoples attention with advertising.

Was that comment really necessary? You don't need to throw a dig at someone else in order to make your opinion or recommendation sound smarter or better. Furthermore, "top line" doesn't always mean better. In doing research on anything, oftentimes there are less expensive brands and lesser known product that do as good or better than the more costly ones. $$$ doesn't equate quality or effectiveness. It's no skin off my nose what the OP or anyone else uses, no one needs to put down someone else's opinion, experience, or recommendation, hoping to convince someone to choose theirs. Have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

Skinn's Hi Lighten(Dark Circles)

ASDM Eye Serum for Puffiness!

Respected Contributor

To the OP,

There is no magic serum to address these issues. Dark circles can be helped by a good concealer. Puffiness can lessen by watching the sodium in your diet and placing cold eye packs on your eyes in the morning. Wrinkles? Only Botox or cosmetic surgery will remove them. I am appalled at what Q vendors, hosts and all Beauty advertising 'promises.'