Occasional Contributor

Im in the market for a new foundation. I currently use Urban Decay Naked but its too matte. Im looking for something with a dewy more natural finish. I have samples of Dior Star and Dior Nude and like both. Any others that I should try?? I have super dry skin and I am starting to use more Dior skin care products and my skin is looking and feeling better. thanks in advance!!

Honored Contributor

If you want to spend the money, the best liquid foundation I've ever used is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. It was highly recommended and I told myself I would never spend that much money on a foundation. Then I said I'd try it. I went in and sampled it, but still wouldn't buy it. After wearing it the rest of the day and night, I was sold. And it was a lot of money - but it's worth it! My skin just lights up when I wear it. I don't even need to cover my dark circles - they really don't look that bad. I don't use it every day, but if I want to look "extra" good, I will! Smile

Super Contributor

YSL Fusionink. Its H.G. status.

Super Contributor

Have you tried any of the new-ish BB or CC creams? They might be just what you need.

I have been happy with the Peter Thomas Roth CC and the PTR BB blur. I also like the Stilla Color correcting CC.

I have read good things about both the Revlon and Cover Girl brands, but haven't tried them.

I apply with a brush to get the best results.

Michele

Honored Contributor

A good foundation is hard to find. If you like the Urban Decay except for the matte finish, you might consider adding an illuminating product to the foundation or using an illuminating primer underneath it. I'm very fair, but here are some products I like to add to foundation for a dewy finish:

MAC Stobe: You can mix this in or use it has a highlight over the top.

Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance: This is a primer you can use under foundation or mix into foundation. I even use it over foundation as a subtle highlight.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector: This works well mixed into foundation or over foundation. It comes in several colors, so you should be able to find one that works for you whether you're very fair or very dark or have pink or yellow undertones.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance: Another primer you can use under foundation or mix into your foundation.

MAC Strobe and Burberry Fresh Glow are the most subtle and you can even use them alone over moisturizer to give your skin a lovely glow on makeup-free days.

Valued Contributor

Lately, I have been liking L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation, great for drier skin.

Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier's new Fluide foundation is beautiful. It's like a second skin with med. coverage. So lightweight, oil-free and a beautiful finish. I believe she is still offering free ship with any purchase plus 2 deluxe samples.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

My skin is very dry (as in Sahara dry - i cannot use powder anything). I am using the same foundations as you are. Right now, I am wearing Dior Star (a step up in coverage from Dior Nude in my opinion, though I like both). I also have UD Naked, which I keep at work for back up. They all seem too matte for me, but the trick is applying it with a beauty blender. My skin is always dewy and luminous when I apply it this way. If I want to take it even further, I mix in a little highlighter and it looks awesome.

Honored Contributor
On 10/26/2014 beach-mom said:

If you want to spend the money, the best liquid foundation I've ever used is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. It was highly recommended and I told myself I would never spend that much money on a foundation. Then I said I'd try it. I went in and sampled it, but still wouldn't buy it. After wearing it the rest of the day and night, I was sold. And it was a lot of money - but it's worth it! My skin just lights up when I wear it. I don't even need to cover my dark circles - they really don't look that bad. I don't use it every day, but if I want to look "extra" good, I will! Smile

100% agree-I have it on right now-love this foundation!!!!!!!!!!It is pricey but I use very little of it so it has lasted me quite a while......It is the best Liquid I have eer used!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I have high end, middle of the road and drugstore. I do NOT have dry skin, however. I'm a foundation horder. New foundation? I'm like a moth to a flame. One of the most beautiful foundations for very dry skin, in my opinion, is L'oreal Lumi.

If you prefer to stay high end, Le Metier De Beaute Classic Flawless Finish is gorgeous.

Another one is Guerlain's BB cream. Equal coverage to your UD Naked but beautiful on dry skin.

Rouge Bunny Rouge is another high end, can't think of the name of the actual foundation but the only have two and one is more matte.

Finally, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is breathtaking.

If you're out and about, might as well try a few and have fun!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!