Respected Contributor

off Topic- I need a ground coffee recommendation.

Something that does not taste like feet lol

last year when i turned 44 i had my first coffee experience. Starbucks latte. fell in love.

Today was my first real experience with regular coffee and it tasted like feet lol ( purchased my first brewer) I added a ton of pumpkin spice creamer and it did not help much.

Can someone recommend me a coffee that tastes good, maybe mild, something that works good with a flavored creamer. I have pumpkin spice creamer. I have a single serve coffee brewer that you can use regular ground coffee or a pod.

Respected Contributor

Re: off Topic- I need a ground coffee recommendation.

U need to go to a coffee shop, Starbucks, or where ever, and do a taste test. Or purchase small amounts, 1/4 lb and try it yourself. No one can help U identify a taste you'll like.

Super Contributor

Try several different brands. Starbucks, Peet's and Gloria Jean's all have small sampler sizes available. Personally, I can't stand any Starbuck's except their Caffe Verona and it's my all time favorite. If you like mild coffees try the Starbucks Veranda. My daughter likes it. (I can't stand it.)

Coffee is very personal taste. You need to try several different ones. If you have a Keurig then I would suggest going on Amazon and try one of their samplers with lots of different blends. My daughter just suggested that you try the Donut Shop blend if you like a mild coffee.

Valued Contributor

From grocery store I go with yuban
Esteemed Contributor

Sign up at keurig.com for discounts for K Cups. I like Millstone Foglifter. It's also available in ground coffee at most grocery stores and Amazon.

I don't like dark french roasts, if that helps you to judge if you would like it.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Do you have a Keurig? I sort of got the impression you wanted to use ground coffee? So you must have a percolator, or a mr coffee? If that is the case and you are looking for a good ground coffee, that is mild and not bitter I might try Folgers or Yuban, their regular brew. I use a KKup coffee, but when I had a regular brewer that used ground coffee that was the best, without being bitter. Starbucks is way to strong for me. The only one I use is cafe verona.

Honored Contributor

It sounds as if you might not really be a lover of real coffee. Maybe stick with the flavored ones.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I love espresso, don't like coffee.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 suzyQ3 said:

It sounds as if you might not really be a lover of real coffee. Maybe stick with the flavored ones.

I agree. A pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks is in no way the same as a cup of regular ol' joe. There are many people who don't like coffee but can drink sweet latte drinks or the blended coffee drinks with whipped cream and other decadence on top. One is more like dessert, the other is, well, coffee.

One suggestion for the coffee you do have left though- add some pumpkin pie spice in your coffee grounds. That with your creamer will make it a little more tolerable but will still be nothing like the pumpkin spice latte. Also you can try the pumpkin syrups which they use to make the lattes at Starbucks. I love coffee but find Starbucks coffee (not their lattes) is disgusting.

Valued Contributor

What was the regular coffee you used? You could buy Starbucks brand. I myself don't like flavored creamers. They taste really fake. I'd rather have Pumpkin Spice coffee with full fat creamer than any coffee with flavored creamer. You could also try some flavored syrups. That is what Starbucks uses. You can buy them in grocery stores or from Starbucks. They flavor and sweeten coffee. Then you would add plain creamer. You can even buy a bag of Strabucks beans and ask them to grind the bag for you. Then you will have really fresh coffee.