Super Contributor

Difference B/W It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Buffing Airbrush Foundation Brush for Celebration Foundation vs Illumination

One has a black handle and one has a silver handle. What's the difference? I was told the one with the black handle (for the regular celebration foundation) is denser (better quality), hence the slight price difference.

Looks like regular Celebration Foundation Comes with:

• Celebration Foundation; shipments arrive approximately every 60 days for as long as you remain in the program
  • 1st shipment only also includes Heavenly Luxe Buffing Airbrush Foundation Brush

http://www.qvc.com/IT-Cosmetics-Anti-Aging-Celebration-Foundation-with-Brush.product.A225107.html?re...

WHILE the ILLUMINATION Celebration Foundation comes with/

• 0.30-oz Celebration Foundation Illumination in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Rich; shipments arrive approximately every 60 days for as long as you remain in the program
  • 1st shipment only also includes Heavenly Luxe Double Airbrush Foundation Brush
Respected Contributor

Re: Difference B/W It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Buffing Airbrush Foundation Brush for Celebration Foundation vs Illumination

The illumination foundation (white compact) is illuminating and is not good if you have oily skin. It is not a matte finish. The brush (silver handle) that goes along with this compact is inferior to the other black handled brush. It has a tiny little brush that fits inside the bottom of the compact. Maybe if I was going to the disco as I did in the 70s and 80s, I might want this look. I used to put sparkle on my face and hair back then as well.

The celebration foundation (black compact) is matte and I prefer the look better. This brush with the black handle is better and there is a sponge on the bottom of the compact. I use it sometimes to blend the under eye concealer.

I even purchased the liquid foundation that came in the TSV about a year ago. It's okay but I prefer the feel of powder because I hate the feeling of wearing liquid foundation on my face. The liquid serum that came with it does nothing and I don't use it.

I know that It Cosmetics sells brush sets but these brushes are no where near the quality of the brushes with the black handles. I don't understand why Jaime produces inferior products when she already has a great product.

Going to try the new eyebrow gel....black brush handle.

Super Contributor

Re: Difference B/W It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Buffing Airbrush Foundation Brush for Celebration Foundation vs Illumination

Also, does the Celebration Illumination Foundation have the same coverage as the original? I like the dewier (non Matte) look but need a fair amount of coverage. I don't notice too much sparkle with the Illumination versus the Original but maybe because I really don't like the Matte look.

Occasional Contributor

I have both. I prefer the illumination. It is in no way glittery. To me the matte is too chalky. Different strokes for different folks. They both cover well. I would not repurchase the original, but would the illumination. I am one who also prefers a dewey finish. I do agree that the black handled brush is superior. I do not use the white one that came with the illumination.
Respected Contributor

Just one more point. I purchased the medium with both compacts. The illumination compact (white) is listed as medium but I happen to think that it is a lighter color than the black compact. The black compact is listed as medium beige and looks a bit darker.

Respected Contributor

I am very fair and have the illumination foundation with the silver brush and have finally decided I like it. The color match is perfect, it goes on easily and evenly where you want it, doesn't look powdery, and you can add more in problem areas.

I like this new style of brush better because of the outer circle of very fine flexible bristles, very soft, that can easily outline lips, get near nose or eyes with a tiny bit of the foundation. The other brushes are also wonderful but too clunky for this. Since I've discovered how to use this new brush style my foundation looks perfect, and my lipstick stays in place, etc.

I am 68 with dry skin, and I do apply my EL serum foundation very lightly first and use the It for a finishing powder. The combo is beautiful and in no way sparkly/glittery, but does have some luminosity.

For summer or hot/humid climates/weather I think I'd try the regular Celebration foundation to mattify just a bit.

A light touch with this new brush is easy to achieve, and it blends foundation nicely.

Super Contributor

Interesting, on the IT Cosmetics website, they say that the Celebration Foundation Illumination works best with

WORKS WELL WITH

https://www.itcosmetics.com/celebration-foundation-illumination