Valued Contributor

I've been on a WEN binge lately but want to save some money in the next week months. DevaCurl seems like a good option until I go back to WEN. Just wondering how much you need to use & do you use it similar to WEN? Is it a good option for us fine haired wavy girls?

Regular Contributor
I'm a long time user. I love it. I don't know about wen but I use ordinary amounts of devacurl. I use the no poo, low poo and light defining gel(used to be called angell) and it's all great. I would post a pic of my hair but beauty banter has had enough of my giant head for today lol Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

it costs almost as much as wen so you might as well buy wen. bioterra cleansing conditioner from sallys is even better

Regular Contributor
I'm not sure how much wen you use but I buy a 32 ounce pump bottle of deva and it lasts me for many months. Shampoo and conditioner. There's no called for amount that you need to use. You just use a few pumps to cleanse your scalp and a few for conditioner depending on your hair. I am unaware of that wen tells you to do. To be honest, my stylist once used wen on me years ago in the salon because they were out of the deva stuff and it was horrible for me. It made my hair look greasy and heavy. That is the only experience I have with it. Deva sells a small starter kit if you want to try it to see how you like it before investing in large bottles. I try other stuff and I always go back to it.
Super Contributor

I love DevaCurl, but recently learned it was causing my horrific itchy scalp. Did great on my hair, however. I switched to Curl Junkie, itching stopped and now I really like that line.

Valued Contributor
On 10/25/2014 kcladyz said:

it costs almost as much as wen so you might as well buy wen. bioterra cleansing conditioner from sallys is even better

I love WEN & will purchase again but it takes about 20-30 pumps for my hair & I'm going through a 32oz bottle a month. Just want to cut back for the holidays to save money. Can't imagine DevaCurl will take that many pumps since the instructions are you cleanse your scalp & not the length of your hair? Thanks for the bioterra recommendation, I'll look it up.

Regular Contributor
OMG I have tons of hair, 30 pumps would use so much!!
Valued Contributor
On 10/25/2014 MissButtercup said: OMG I have tons of hair, 30 pumps would use so much!!

that's for both cleanses.

Regular Contributor
I think I am too poor for wen lol ....I can't go through that much with one shampoo. I feel like I'd be constantly buying it. How long does a bottle last and how often do you shampoo?
Valued Contributor

Use it every other day. My job is very in the public so I wash it more often than it actually gets ""oily"". When I'm not working ( which is rarely) I can go almost 4 days without shampooing. Also have long hair. If I use the same bottle regularly about a month & 2 weeks.