Respected Contributor

POLL: Storing Skin Care Products

A. Cool dry place

B. Cool dark place

C. Refrigerator

D. Bathroom

E. Doesn't matter

Answer: A, B, C, D or E?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: POLL: Storing Skin Care Products

F. It depends upon the particular product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 10/25/2014 suzyQ3 said:

F. It depends upon the particular product.

F? {#emotions_dlg.lol} All of them --->>> For the FACE: Serums, Moisturizers, Masks, Eye creams

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Regular Contributor

Well, mine are in a relatively cool, dark place, but it's in the bathroom. Most items do not need to be stored in a refrigerator and it might be detrimental for some products. I really don't think it matters that much as long as you use before shelf life expires, and that's usually 2 years.

Trusted Contributor

My answer is F, too, it depends on the product. But, I also live in a hot, humid climate and although we run the air conditioning all year round, we don't have any 'cool' closets, lol, because it rarely gets below 75 degrees here.

I store my Vit. C serum in the refrigerator in the product box it was packaged in. All the other products I'm currently using are in the bathroom cabinet.

Any 'backups' that I've purchased are stored in the garage refrigerator.

I do have some 'backup' body cream/lotions stored in a linen closet and have noticed that the emulsifiers break down more quickly if I don't store them in the refrigerator, the lotions get watery and the creams become lotions, lol.

Frequent Contributor

Cool, dry, dark place, which happens to be in my bathroom closet. I have an oversized bathroom with a couple of large windows, so no problem keeping it dry. But I also live in the northeast, so no problem keeping it cool. The closet is completely away from the tub and shower. TMI ...sorry.
Respected Contributor

Generally, I store in a spare bedroom we have that is cool and dark. I've actually never stored products in the fridge.
Regular Contributor

""I'll take a 'cool dark place' for $100 Alex""

Super Contributor

In a cool, dry, dark bathroom drawer.
Contributor

all of the above Smiley Happy Different ones are in different places around my home Smiley Happy