Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies-

Can anyone recommend a great nail product for my nails. My nails are soft, and peel and are not growing. I wear kitchen gloves when cleaning the kitchen but I'm not sure if that Dawn Dishwashing liquid is touching my nails when I dry dishes or what? I know that can ruin nails especially mind. I just want long beautiful nails? Any ideas?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Brunette

Trusted Contributor
Nailtiques makes several really great formulas. I learned about them on this board, but they have a website that explains the different formulas. It was easy for me to choose the one that would solve my "nail problems". I got mine at ulta, but I think Sally beauty also carries it. Hth
Trusted Contributor

Hey Jeannie- Thank you! I will check that out too. Have you tried Essie? or Zoya? I have seen the Green Tea nail fortifier at Walmart (not a lacquer). Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor
I have never tried those brands, but both are rated pretty highly and I am definitely tempted (not that I NEED anything new) lol
Respected Contributor

After lots of struggle, supplements etc I had to accept that naturally long, strong nails were not in my DNA. I now go for a neat, relatively short length. And I use a basic Sally Hansen drug store formula -- Miracle Cure -- to keep them shiny and to keep them from peeling. I've grown to like this look.

Trusted Contributor

@Jeannie29 Smiley Happy

Islandgirl- Yes, I love a neat clean look. I don't want really long nails just nails that are over the tip of my finger. It's funny you mentioned Miracle Cure, was just on the Sally Hansen website and I was looking at that too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 10/25/2014 islandgrrl said:

After lots of struggle, supplements etc I had to accept that naturally long, strong nails were not in my DNA. I now go for a neat, relatively short length. And I use a basic Sally Hansen drug store formula -- Miracle Cure -- to keep them shiny and to keep them from peeling. I've grown to like this look.

Exactly what my dermatologist told me - minus the Miracle Cure which probably didn't exist when he recommended I stay away from as many products as possible.

I used to think some of my problems would be gone once I was away from the chalkboard 5 days a week, but 15 years into retirement, my nails are worse than ever and I've tried everything - twice.

Honored Contributor
On 10/25/2014 islandgrrl said:

I think I have to agree. I take Lessman's HHSN supplements so my nails are healthy, but they are not long. I'm getting those vertical ridges that are discussed in another thread and attributed to age. It seems if I can get my nails out beyond a certain length, they split where that ridge is. Peeling has become an issue, too, so I think I should look for the SH product. I'm thinking of calling it quits with the supplement, but keep hanging in there, thinking they're doing something for my hair and skin. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor
I use nailtique and CND solar oil has really helped my nails...thanks to Lola
Respected Contributor

Please elaborate about the Miracle Clear. Is it like a clear polish that you have to take off or is it sort of a rub in? Thanks much.