Regular Contributor

Clarisonic newbie - which one to get?

Hello, all -

I am finally jumping on the bandwagon and getting a Clarisonic. I have been wanting one for a while, and - after doing a lot of research - have come to the conclusion that I should just splurge on one instead of getting a cheaper, imitation version. That said, which one should I get? To be honest, I'd like to purchase the cheapest version possible but still one from the Clarisonic brand. What would you suggest, and where is the best place to purchase it from? What, if any, accessories are essential to get me started? I am trying to be as cost-efficient as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

ophelia

Honored Contributor

Re: Clarisonic newbie - which one to get?

Good question!

There are so many choices. I went right to the Clarisonic website and compared the models. I wound up getting the Mia 2. I'm giving them to my daughters for Christmas.

I hope I made a good choice.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, brii. I think my best bet is to get the Mia, but there are a few options and I don't quite understand all of the differences.

Honored Contributor

I own the Plus which has the body brush and then I bought the Mia thinking I'd use it just for travel.

The Plus is at least two years older than my Mia, but the Mia has many more miles on it! I'll never replace the Plus but I l would my Mia. Use that 90 to 1!

I wouldn't buy any accessories. I use a gentle cleanser- right now that's Purity. If I were a germ phobic, I'd want a cover, but I just keep the little plastic cover the brush comes with. Enough for me.

Honored Contributor

The Mia 2 has a timer and different speeds. That's what I liked about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I started with the Mia 2. I would look for the combination that gives you two types of brush heads and whatever skin care line they add as a ""bonus"" gift. I didn't have any use for the travel case so I was looking for a kit with as many brush heads in number and variety that I could find. I have sensitive skin but combination skin so that was what was my number one priority in which one to pick. They all come with the charger. This is the best $$ I have ever spent for the health of my skin. I don't think you will regret it.

Regular Contributor

DeePa,

Where did you purchase your kit? What came with it?

Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 brii said:

The Mia 2 has a timer and different speeds. That's what I liked about it.

I second this. Also, something to keep in mind - the Mia2 is a good size and weight. This may sound like a silly thing to point out, but it makes a difference to those of us with "Munchkin hands", lol!

Regular Contributor

Haha - thanks, Colonel Meow!

Esteemed Contributor

I didnt think i needed the different speeds and timer so I got the mia. Its a lot less then the mia2.